• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tax refunds, anyone get anything new?

office888

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Ooooh that is nifty!! I will have to meet up with you as I have always wanted to shoot one of those!

I purchased 2000 primers and 2000 lead projectiles and some powder to load 9mm!

Sure thing, just let me know when you're heading out to the range. I'm not finicky, you're more than welcome to shoot some of your reloads through it. :)

sevenplusone wrote:
It's going to be hard pressed to find a month where I don't ride it. I rode my bike last year on Dec 31 and Jan 1. If the roads are clear and it's above freezing I'll ride. I love old air-cooled rice burners. This isn't my first...though it is my largest. I'm hoping to add a liquid-cooled sportbike in the future. That said, this bike is an absolute blast and makes very few compromises. Surprisingly quick, efficient, and also surprising on the handling front. I ride the heck out of any bike I own, I have yet to find one that wasn't up to the task.  

~70s CB750s are absolutely excellent.

I'm always looking for one to buy on the supercheap, as a cafe project.

-Richard-

EM87

imported post

office888 wrote:
So'd anyone splurge and get themselves a new carry piece?

I did. :D

HKP7PSP003.jpg

NDS stamped, so it's an actual German Police gun.

-Richard-

Nice gun!

Wglide90

imported post

I'm a big fan of American Heritage handguns specifically S&Ws. So, I stuck with S&W for SD. Extremelly happy with choice. I picked up a M&P 40 full size this year, (got the compact last year's refund). Also just got a Troy-bilt Tractor 17.5 HP plus free dump cart from Lowe's.

MP40FullSize007.jpg

MP40FullSize009.jpg

Both M&Ps are really fine shooters. Made in USA. :celebrate

PDinDetroit

imported post

I picked up a 1970's S&W Model 10-5, 5" Barrel, .38 Special, "old-skool" bluing. I replaced the wood grips pictured with Hogue Black Rubber.

I have to say, this is the finest firearm that I have shot to date - points/shoots like a dream. This will be the GF's Gun at some point, I must REALLY, REALLY LIKE THIS LADY ALOT!!!

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Carry piece... yeah kind of.

I love being a kid and getting a 1500 dollar tax return
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
DSC01747.jpg

:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey:monkey

Edited to add:
Damn, I just lost it in the water while boating.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
DSC01747.jpg

Edited to add:
Don't tell me you lost all my pistols that I loaned to you, a fellow CPL holder...

choover

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

DSC01747.jpg

Edited to add:
If you love being a kid and getting 1500 wait till your older and have kids and the refunds approach the 6k mark with child tax credits :celebrate

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

Unfortunately yes, Cykes, I lost every single firearm you own! Sorry...

and about that child tax credit... the thing is... when you have the kids to get the extra money, you generally end up spending it on the kids :dude:

PDinDetroit

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

and about that child tax credit... the thing is... when you have the kids to get the extra money, you generally end up spending it on the kids :dude:
Yes, and they lost every firearm in the lake that *I* bought them...

sprinklerguy28

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:

That's still better then what I get. I get to mail a check to the IRS every 3 months.

fozzy71

imported post

Refund was direct deposited this morning. :celebrate

I filed Apr 14th. My brother filed his in February, but it had an attached home credit for the house he bought in January. He is still waiting, and was told it 'should' be here, by June 8th. Needless to say, he isn't happy. :(

Now, it's time to pick a new gun. :D

Beerme

Banned
imported post

Got myself a 16inch HBAR Bushmaster A3 upper for my AR
Midwest industried 12inch free floated Rail system
Knights armament forward grip
GG&G folding BUIS
Badger ord tactical charging latch