• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tax refunds, anyone get anything new?

office888

imported post

So'd anyone splurge and get themselves a new carry piece?

I did. :D

HKP7PSP003.jpg

NDS stamped, so it's an actual German Police gun.

-Richard-

sevenplusone

imported post

I got a new motorcycle...it's allowed me to OC in many new places. It was supposed to help finish my long range .30cal rifle project, but when my buddy laid my old bike down I had to replace it.

I still intend to finish the build by the end of this summer.

FatboyCykes

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
I got a new motorcycle...it's allowed me to OC in many new places. It was supposed to help finish my long range .30cal rifle project, but when my buddy laid my old bike down I had to replace it.

Pictures or it didn't happen...

I bought a Mossey 500, and hopefully a house....:p

sevenplusone

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:

Pictures or it didn't happen...

I bought a Mossey 500, and hopefully a house....:p
I've been riding like crazy, but I haven't taken any pics yet. Perhaps tomorrow weather depending. It's a mint-condition '82 Suzuki GS850L. 4 cylinder, duel-overhead cam, 81 horsepower, w/a 9000rpm redline. Runs glassy smooth and came with all the extra goodies (though right now it's stripped down to pure riding goodness). I've put a couple thousand miles on it already this riding season. My dad got me a really nice Miami Classic shoulder holster for my Dan Wesson for Christimas. He's pretty awesomefor an 'ol man.

Zukirider

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:

you will love it very good choice i have a 81 GS650G its a great runner, just make sure to start every month or soo the carbs have tendency to gum up if you dont

Edit> back to OT i picked up a Ruger LCR thanks to obamas extra tax credit thanks JERK

sevenplusone

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:

you will love it very good choice i have a 81 GS650G its a great runner, just make sure to start every month or soo the carbs have tendency to gum up if you dont

Edit> back to OT i picked up a Ruger LCR thanks to obamas extra tax credit thanks JERK

It's going to be hard pressed to find a month where I don't ride it. I rode my bike last year on Dec 31 and Jan 1. If the roads are clear and it's above freezing I'll ride. I love old air-cooled rice burners.This isn't my first...though it is my largest.I'mhoping to add a liquid-cooled sportbike in the future. That said,this bike is an absolute blast and makes very few compromises. Surprisingly quick, efficient, and also surprising on the handling front. I ride the heck out of any bikeI own, I have yet to findone that wasn't up to the task.

malignity

imported post

I haven't gotten anything yet.

Then again, I haven't gotten my tax return yet either. I do plan on getting a Mossy HD shotty though. Pics to come.

fozzy71

imported post

bandersnatch wrote:
My refund splurge:

lcr.jpg

Nice, i was looking at these on their site last night. Once I finally get my CPL this will be one of my first CC weapons, along with a M&P40c.

I am hoping to get my return soon so I can buy another OC weapon, the FN Five/Seven. :cool:

Ruckus

imported post

I removed the serial numbers for posting and the space looked bare so I PhotoShop'd my usernae onto it. :D

I can't get over how light it is either. I walked around the store for an hour earlier this morning to get some groceries with my Nike pants on and even though I didn't have the string tied very tight I managed to not pants myself once. :lol:

choover

imported post

Zukirider wrote:
bandersnatch wrote:
My refund splurge:

lcr.jpg
Did you stamp your name onto it or is that just a photoshop special? great gun i can not belive how lite this gun is its just unreal!

I bought mine a few months back and it quickly became my favorite, you don't even feel your carrying it. Shoots awesome, feels awesome.. IMHO Ruger hit a grand slam with this one and I was NOT a revolver guy