• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on RTC Public Transportation update

Nevada carrier

imported post

Here's the scoop folks..

Yesterday I spoke with Allison Blankenship asking her for an update. What she has so far is this; Passengers are not forbidden from Carrying firearms on RTC buses in Las Vegas as long as they are in compliance with all state and federal statutes regulating firearms. While they are working to draft a public information statement in writing, it will take up to 30 days for the statement and policy letter to be drafted, evaluated by legal counsel revised if necessary and then released.

In the mean time, RTC of Southern Nevada has briefed their security and transit police officials, supervisors and drivers as to the legality of Open Carry on transit buses.

Today I open carried on the Tropicana, Vally View, and Decatur bus and had no issues whatsoever. No passengers or drivers expressed any concern at all. If anyone is asked to deboard an RTC bus and their right to carry is in question, simply state that if their right to carry is in question they are more than welcome to call Metro, Transport Authority or Transit police to clear up any misunderstanding.

When there is a drafted policy statement I will post it.

doninvegas

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Here's the scoop folks..

Yesterday I spoke with Allison Blankenship asking her for an update. What she has so far is this; Passengers are not forbidden from Carrying firearms on RTC buses in Las Vegas as long as they are in compliance with all state and federal statutes regulating firearms. While they are working to draft a public information statement in writing, it will take up to 30 days for the statement and policy letter to be drafted, evaluated by legal counsel revised if necessary and then released.

In the mean time, RTC of Southern Nevada has briefed their security and transit police officials, supervisors and drivers as to the legality of Open Carry on transit buses.

Today I open carried on the Tropicana, Vally View, and Decatur bus and had no issues whatsoever. No passengers or drivers expressed any concern at all. If anyone is asked to deboard an RTC bus and their right to carry is in question, simply state that if their right to carry is in question they are more than welcome to call Metro, Transport Authority or Transit police to clear up any misunderstanding.

When there is a drafted policy statement I will post it.
Very cool...although i never had any problems....I am sure there are a lot of people that can use this information....Good Job:celebrate

The Big Guy

imported post

This indeed is good news. Even if there has not been any real problems with it in the past, having the official OKIE DOKIE in writing is just another point in our favor. Now if we can just get clarification from the AG on the parks issue we can then move on to other local government buildings.