• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second suicide at Badger Guns this week

OCglock1988

imported post

They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?

barronburke

imported post

OCglock1988 wrote:
They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
when did fletchers have a suicide

barronburke

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Why are the papers calling this "A shooting" ?

These are suicides! They headlines read like one person shot another.
Just more anti 2A bias from the Milwaukee Urinal.
Maybe they are trying not to give anyone any ideas its not a good idea but maybe that is what they are doing

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

barronburke wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Maybe they are trying not to give anyone any ideas its not a good idea but maybe that is what they are doing
Maybe they are just trying to discourage people from using the indoor ranges.

See it is working or do I smell troll?

OCglock1988 wrote: They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

What I don't understand is why people who wish to die in the Milwaukee area don't take advantage of some of the high buildings and bridges. Won't cost them a penny and nobody has to buy new carpeting afterward.

No, I don't think it's got anything to do with "discouraging" indoor ranges. These individuals simply wish to end their lives.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

In re high buildings and bridges, like guns and spiders, acrophobia is common.

If you have never looked down at a thousand feet with no visible means of support or experience the oh-snit oh-snit oh-snit on the way down then it is understandable that a height might be considered. There is no time for regrets or after thoughts with a trigger. Jumping from a height leaves plenty of time to rue the stop at the bottom, be it fatal or not.

Shell

imported post

Jeez that seems like a terrible run of bad luck for Badger Guns... Ya wonder if the Saturday suicide-ee heard the news about the Tuesday suicide-ee and thought "hmm, sounded easy the way he did it, I'll do the same thing". So I wonder if that range is going to change the process or screening for renting guns, or if that would even do any good at all? Makes me feel bad for the people that had to witness that :(

OCglock1988

imported post

barronburke wrote:
OCglock1988 wrote:
when did fletchers have a suicide
it was only a couple months ago, they even had a message about it on their website.

OCglock1988

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
barronburke wrote:
Nutczak wrote:

Maybe they are just trying to discourage people from using the indoor ranges.

See it is working or do I smell troll?

OCglock1988 wrote: They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
your smelling nothing but the rear end of your high horse.... get real man I'm saying I would rather go to a range where everyone is shooting their owned weapons.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Shotgun wrote:
What I don't understand is why people who wish to die in the Milwaukee area don't take advantage of some of the high buildings and bridges. Won't cost them a penny and nobody has to buy new carpeting afterward.

No, I don't think it's got anything to do with "discouraging" indoor ranges. These individuals simply wish to end their lives.

Wasn't there someone who joined this forum this last winter who had a relative take a dive of the Hoan bridge in Milwaukee and live through the sudden deceleration after their free-fall?

I remember commenting on diving off the Hoan bridge when another range suicide happened, and apparently it turned up in a google search about a failedattempt of suicide off the bridge.

If my life was so friggin horrible, and the only solution I could find was to off myself, I would do it with style. I would hope to be moving in excess off 300 MPH shortly before and lots of flames or a great explosion involved. And maybe take out a few people who have pissed me off along the way. I am talking about something that would make the "Worlds Wildest" TV shows for years to come. Not something boring my just shooting myself.

Maybe purchase a Y2K turbine powered superbike, and see what it can actually do for atop speed shortly before the sudden stop. Have some originality to it and make a name for yourself if your gonna end your life. Don't be boring!!