Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Second suicide at Badger Guns this week

  1. #1
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    101

    Post imported post

    They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
    I like GUNS

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chetek, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    183

    Post imported post

    OCglock1988 wrote:
    They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
    when did fletchers have a suicide

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Why are the papers calling this "A shooting" ?

    These are suicides! They headlines read like one person shot another.
    Just more anti 2A bias from the Milwaukee Urinal.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chetek, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    183

    Post imported post

    Nutczak wrote:
    Why are the papers calling this "A shooting" ?

    These are suicides! They headlines read like one person shot another.
    Just more anti 2A bias from the Milwaukee Urinal.
    Maybe they are trying not to give anyone any ideas its not a good idea but maybe that is what they are doing

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    barronburke wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    Why are the papers calling this "A shooting" ?

    These are suicides! They headlines read like one person shot another.
    Just more anti 2A bias from the Milwaukee Urinal.
    Maybe they are trying not to give anyone any ideas its not a good idea but maybe that is what they are doing
    Maybe they are just trying to discourage people from using the indoor ranges.

    See it is working or do I smell troll?

    OCglock1988 wrote: They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?

  7. #7
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Shotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,668

    Post imported post

    What I don't understand is why people who wish to die in the Milwaukee area don't take advantage of some of the high buildings and bridges. Won't cost them a penny and nobody has to buy new carpeting afterward.

    No, I don't think it's got anything to do with "discouraging" indoor ranges. These individuals simply wish to end their lives.
    A. Gold

    Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    I meant the Media was discouraging people from using the ranges.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chetek, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    183

    Post imported post

    It is a pretty public way to go right next to someone else must have been pretty bad to see that

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,382

    Post imported post

    In re high buildings and bridges, like guns and spiders, acrophobia is common.

    If you have never looked down at a thousand feet with no visible means of support or experience the oh-snit oh-snit oh-snit on the way down then it is understandable that a height might be considered. There is no time for regrets or after thoughts with a trigger. Jumping from a height leaves plenty of time to rue the stop at the bottom, be it fatal or not.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin, ,
    Posts
    31

    Post imported post

    Jeez that seems like a terrible run of bad luck for Badger Guns... Ya wonder if the Saturday suicide-ee heard the news about the Tuesday suicide-ee and thought "hmm, sounded easy the way he did it, I'll do the same thing". So I wonder if that range is going to change the process or screening for renting guns, or if that would even do any good at all? Makes me feel bad for the people that had to witness that

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    101

    Post imported post

    barronburke wrote:
    OCglock1988 wrote:
    They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
    when did fletchers have a suicide
    it was only a couple months ago, they even had a message about it on their website.
    I like GUNS

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    101

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    barronburke wrote:
    Nutczak wrote:
    Why are the papers calling this "A shooting" ?

    These are suicides! They headlines read like one person shot another.
    Just more anti 2A bias from the Milwaukee Urinal.
    Maybe they are trying not to give anyone any ideas its not a good idea but maybe that is what they are doing
    Maybe they are just trying to discourage people from using the indoor ranges.

    See it is working or do I smell troll?

    OCglock1988 wrote: They forgot to mention the suicide that occurred at Fletcher Arms only a few months ago, I think this is a really bad trend especially to have 5 shootings at Wisconsin ranges in the past year... I don't think Ill be going to any indoor ranges unless I want to rent a gun...someone might blow their head off.:?
    your smelling nothing but the rear end of your high horse.... get real man I'm saying I would rather go to a range where everyone is shooting their owned weapons.
    I like GUNS

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    101
    I like GUNS

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    mid south but not madison , , USA
    Posts
    232

    Post imported post

    maybe they need to install ceramic floors and tile walls sheesh!



    cheaper in the long run



  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,170

    Post imported post

    Shotgun wrote:
    What I don't understand is why people who wish to die in the Milwaukee area don't take advantage of some of the high buildings and bridges. Won't cost them a penny and nobody has to buy new carpeting afterward.

    No, I don't think it's got anything to do with "discouraging" indoor ranges. These individuals simply wish to end their lives.
    Wasn't there someone who joined this forum this last winter who had a relative take a dive of the Hoan bridge in Milwaukee and live through the sudden deceleration after their free-fall?

    I remember commenting on diving off the Hoan bridge when another range suicide happened, and apparently it turned up in a google search about a failedattempt of suicide off the bridge.

    If my life was so friggin horrible, and the only solution I could find was to off myself, I would do it with style. I would hope to be moving in excess off 300 MPH shortly before and lots of flames or a great explosion involved. And maybe take out a few people who have pissed me off along the way. I am talking about something that would make the "Worlds Wildest" TV shows for years to come. Not something boring my just shooting myself.

    Maybe purchase a Y2K turbine powered superbike, and see what it can actually do for atop speed shortly before the sudden stop. Have some originality to it and make a name for yourself if your gonna end your life. Don't be boring!!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •