• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Falling Water Trail

craigm

imported post

I'm not the most in-shape person. In fact, I started riding to work off some of the 30 pounds I've put on since I quit doing "real" work. The Jackson-Concord-Jackson round-trip is under 21 miles round-trip and I'd be glad to do it sometime, but I really don't trust leaving the vehicle in Jackson. If you want to meet up in Concord and park there, I could do it any time after this weekend.

I've only been for a few good bike rides... around 4-6 country miles. They were harder than the 30 mile trip to Jackson. Anyway, just let me know when if you want to meet up in Concord. I think there's also parking at Teft Rd, which is at the 4 mile marker. That'd make for a 8 or 12 mile trip, depending which way you went. The shorter one is more scenic with the lakes and Concord, but I'd enjoy it either way.

craigm

imported post

I guess I could clean out the valuables and park near the road, but as it sits my vehicle's nothing but a target and I've never felt good about Jackson. Maybe it's just because I grew up in a small town, or maybe because many years ago I was mugged by a bunch of thugs, and the last trip where I was worried I was going to have to draw sure didn't do me much good. I guess I could park there and hope for the best, as it would probably take less than 2 hours round-trip--but only if it'll be daylight when we return.

The 2 hours is assuming just going to Lime Lake and back, about 13 miles, but whatever you're up for is fine with me. Nothing says I can't go to a different part of the trail afterward.