• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just finished my CCW class at The Gun Store/ Las Vegas

MPlannette

imported post

Big Gun Enterprises on Mountain Vista is also OC friendly. I haven't really asked, but its the same kind of policy as Bargain Pawn, as long as it stays holstered its fine.

Vegassteve

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Vegassteve wrote:
Nevada carrier wrote:
Go to American Shooters or All Weapons if you want to be treated like a valued customer.

American Shooters is not OC friendly. The only 3 OC friendly I know of and that welcome it are . NFA, the best. Bargain Pawn 2nd best and Discount.

That's funny, I was just in there yesterday to buy a spare mag, cleaning kit and rent a lane and they were just fine with me open carrying. I even removed my topped off mag in the store right there next to one of the sales clerks to verify I was buying the right mag...
WOW ok then. Thats good to know. Things have changed in the last year or so.

Vegassteve

imported post

flagellum wrote:
I took my CCW there and everything you said seems to add up.

As far as the Qualification goes I don't think its that bad I mean I had a micro gun with one mag (had to reload by hand while on timer) and had plenty of time to spare.

Also +1 for New Frontier.
I will ask you as well. Did they take down the serial numbers of any guns you qualified with? They were to have stopped this 2 years ago, and I would like to make sure we got them stopped.

combatcarry

imported post

flagellum wrote:
As far as the Qualification goes I don't think its that bad I mean I had a micro gun with one mag (had to reload by hand while on timer) and had plenty of time to spare.

I had plenty of time qualifying myself, but the women I took to the class with me did not. Nevada does not require the time limit. When people don't pass The Gun Store just keeps taking your money. In real life CCW carriers rarely fire a shot. I will stick to taking my class where I don't have to shoot in a timed situation next to crazy non-US citizens shooting machine guns with crazy range masters.

I have now shot with 4 different CCW instructors and I believe the timed qualification of The Gun Store is well beyond the law and an unnecessary stress for inexperienced shooters. How many people just give up or run out of money? I am sure there are a handful especially considering some come from out of state and have to travel to Vegas more than once to pass!

Also, I feel more confident in the women that had trouble passing the qualification than those crazy bozos running The Gun Store.

combatcarry

imported post

flagellum wrote:

I had plenty of time qualifying myself, but the women I took to the class with me did not. Nevada does not require the time limit. When people don't pass The Gun Store just keeps taking your money. In real life CCW carriers rarely fire a shot. I will stick to taking my class where I don't have to shoot in a timed situation next to crazy non-US citizens shooting machine guns with crazy range masters.

I have now shot with 4 different CCW instructors and I believe the timed qualification of The Gun Store is well beyond the law and an unnecessary stress for inexperienced shooters. How many people just give up or run out of money? I am sure there are a handful especially considering some come from out of state and have to travel to Vegas more than once to pass!

Also, I feel more confident in the women that had trouble passing the qualification than those crazy bozos running The Gun Store.