• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brother's step mom had a gun pulled on her at a FW Bar

Aaron1124

imported post

My brother just made a post on Facebook saying that his step mother and uncle had a firearm pulled on them at a bar in Federal Way last night. I'm trying to get details on the incident, and will fill more in when I find out.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Was it in the bar or just outside? If inside, the person wasn't supposed to have it in there anyway.

Then again, if they're running around pulling a gun on people outside the realm of self defense, they probably have things going on that prohibit them from having a gun anyway.

Aaron1124

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Was it in the bar or just outside? If inside, the person wasn't supposed to have it in there anyway.

Then again, if they're running around pulling a gun on people outside the realm of self defense, they probably have things going on that prohibit them from having a gun anyway.
I'm not 100% sure. I'm communicating with him via email, so I'm not sure on the specifics, other than it was last night, at or in front of the Lollies bar in Federal Way.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

Lolli's Broiler & Pub
‎32925 1st Avenue South
Federal Way, WA 98003-6324

Do they carry? If not, will they start?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

I'm not 100% sure. I'm communicating with him via email, so I'm not sure on the specifics, other than it was last night, at or in front of the Lollies bar in Federal Way.
Did they file a police report?

Aaron1124

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
G22Paddy wrote:

Did they file a police report?
Trying to find out. I may not get a response from him tonight. I'll post more as soon as I get follow up info on it.

Aaron1124

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
Lolli's Broiler & Pub
‎32925 1st Avenue South
Federal Way, WA 98003-6324

Do they carry? If not, will they start?
Yep. That's it. It's right next door to his dad's Pizza restaurant. (I say *his* dad because we share the same mother, not father)

Tomas

imported post

I used to live not far from Lolli's, and was there fairly often.

At THAT time the "Over 21" signs only covered part of the premises, so I was careful to stay on the "restaurant" side of the line for all my visits. I don't know if the signs have been moved since then...

Ajetpilot

imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
They may be prohibited, but they are not prevented from carrying a gun.

Tomas

imported post

killchain wrote:
That's a lie! The laws don't allow guns in bars! If people broke the law, then, gosh...

*head asplode*
_______

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or...
(5) The perimeter of the premises of any specific location covered by subsection (1) of this section shall be posted at reasonable intervals to alert the public as to the existence of any law restricting the possession of firearms on the premises.

(9) Subsection (1)(d) of this section does not apply to the proprietor of the premises or his or her employees while engaged in their employment.

(10) Any person violating subsection (1) of this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

(11) "Weapon" as used in this section means any firearm, explosive as defined in RCW 70.74.010, or instrument or weapon listed in RCW 9.41.250.
________

MANY restaurants with bars have only the "bar" portion of the premises marked as off limits to those under 21, Families with children and those carrying firearms are allowed by law in the portion of the premises outside the line created by the required signs.

To give an easy example: When I eat at Applebee's, I do not pass the sign that says "No Minors" or "No Firearms" but the rest of the premises are absolutely legal for carry.

wslcb_signs01.jpg

http://liq.wa.gov/education/education_signage.aspx

;)
________

ETA: I just noticed in that "no firearms" sign from the WSLCB they screwed up in quoting the applicable law. It should be 9.41.300(1)(d) ...

killchain

imported post

Tomas wrote:
killchain wrote:
That's a lie! The laws don't allow guns in bars! If people broke the law, then, gosh...

*head asplode*
_______

RCW 9.41.300
Weapons prohibited in certain places — Local laws and ordinances — Exceptions — Penalty.

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:
(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or...
(5) The perimeter of the premises of any specific location covered by subsection (1) of this section shall be posted at reasonable intervals to alert the public as to the existence of any law restricting the possession of firearms on the premises.

(9) Subsection (1)(d) of this section does not apply to the proprietor of the premises or his or her employees while engaged in their employment.

(10) Any person violating subsection (1) of this section is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.

(11) "Weapon" as used in this section means any firearm, explosive as defined in RCW 70.74.010, or instrument or weapon listed in RCW 9.41.250.
________

MANY restaurants with bars have only the "bar" portion of the premises marked as off limits to those under 21, Families with children and those carrying firearms are allowed by law in the portion of the premises outside the line created by the required signs.

To give an easy example: When I eat at Applebee's, I do not pass the sign that says "No Minors" or "No Firearms" but the rest of the premises are absolutely legal for carry.

wslcb_signs01.jpg

;)
________

ETA: I just noticed in that "no firearms" sign from the WSLCB they screwed up in quoting the applicable law. It should be 9.41.300(1)(d) ...

I was being sarcastic. ;)

Tony Santiago

imported post

did you say your brothers dad owns that pizza restaurant? lol we should all go oc there!

aadvark

imported post

Proof: Criminals do not care what the Law says about Bars and Firearms.

Proof: Criminals do not care what the Law says about using a Firearm to committ a Felony.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

aadvark wrote:
Proof: Criminals do not care what the Law says about Bars and Firearms.

Proof: Criminals do not care what the Law says about using a Firearm to committ a Felony.

Whoa! Hold on....

Cite???

<sarcasm off>

:celebrate

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Tomas wrote:
killchain wrote:

*head asplode*
_______

RCW 9.41.300

________

wslcb_signs01.jpg

;)
________

I think Applebees is the only place I have actually seen the no firearms sign. Every time I am in a restaurant with a bar I always check. I know I can't go in there but I check to see if they even have a sign. Most don't have one or if they do its not a visible one.