Thread: Situational Awareness Fail

Post imported post

Went to the vet for our puppy's check-up. (6 mo old now and already over 50 lbs.) After taking the pup home, we went to the local buffet-style restaurant "Journey" (not my favorite place, but my wife likes the sushi bar).

Finally, we went to one of my wife's Japanese friends' apartments to visit for a bit.

At none of the locations did people run screaming and shouting. Nor were police or the National Guard called out. An ordinary day carrying out our errands and visits. I just happened to be wearing a gun openly strapped to my hip.

The last one in the set was interesting though. We were there for about an hour. My wife's friend was showing off a picture album while the kids were playing and her husband was napping. Then the husband got up. We chatted a bit longer then we had to leave.

On the way out the door the husband asked me what I was carrying. The wife, however looked very startled and said that she hadn't even noticed.

I walked into her house wearing jeans and a tucked-in T-shirt, with a 1911 in a cheap "Gunmate" nylon belt holster at the 3:00 position, sat on her couch and chatted for an hour and she never even noticed that I was openly armed with a not-small gun. Mind you, she did notice my hair (kind of "entry level Goth"--black with a purple streak), but not the gun.

Most people really are oblivious.

Post imported post

I would have called the police and the guard for the purple streak!

Post imported post

double post

Post imported post

triple post !
    what is wrong with this thing?

Post imported post

triple post ! what is wrong with this thing?
    C-C-C-Combo!

Sorry... had to.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."