Thread: National Park Carry

Post imported post

I searched the SC forum for 'National Park' and came up empty. I hope I'm not covering ground that's already been gone over, but here it is.

I'm a Virginia Resident with a Virginia CHP visiting your fine state and was considering taking a trip to Congaree National Park tomorrow. My understanding is that National Parks now follow the same rules as the State in which they are located. I just wanted to double check here and make sure there were no 'gotchas' with me concealed carrying in SC in a National Park.

Post imported post

Check out the attachment

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

"South Carolina Must inform Officer"

Believe nothing you read or hear without verifying it yourself unless it fits your preexisting world view.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USRVCarCarry.pdf

National Parks and National Wildlife Refuges (NWR) Carry
    National Park Carry will go into effect February 22, 2010. That means if you have a
    permit/license that is legal in the state the National Park is located in you can carry in that
    National Park. Until that time carry in National Parks is illegal.
    Title 36 Chpt. 1 Part 2 2.4 Weapons traps and nets.
    (h) Notwithstanding any other provision in this Chapter, a person may possess,
    carry, and transport concealed, loaded, and operable firearms within a national park area
    in accordance with the laws of the state in which the national park area, or that portion there of,
    is located, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable federal law.
    Chapter 50 Chapter 1 Part 27 27.42 Firearms.
    www.handgunlaw.us 2
    (e) Notwithstanding any other provision in this Chapter, persons may possess,
    carry, and transport concealed, loaded, and operable firearms within a national wildlife
    refuge in accordance with the laws of the state in which the wildlife refuge, or that
    portion thereof, is located, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable federal law.
    National Forests
    Some states have laws concerning carrying in National Forest. You must know the law.
    In most states if it is legal for you to carry a firearm concealed in the state the National Forest is
    in you can carry your firearm concealed in a National Forest in that state. If it is legal to carry a
    firearm openly on your hip in the state the National Forest is in you can legally carry it that way
    in the National Forest in that state. Some states have have laws against carrying in National
    Forests in their state. Look at each states page to see if it is legal to carry in National Forests in
    that state.
    Do be advised that any Ranger Station or Visitors Center in any National Forest is considered
    a Federal Building. It is illegal to carry any firearm into such a building either concealed or
    openly even with a CCW from the state the National Forest Ranger Station or Visitors Center is
    in.

This appears to be actual Federal code

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....0.1.1.2.0.1.4

2.4 Weapons, traps and nets.
    (h) Notwithstanding any other provision in this Chapter, a person may possess, carry, and transport concealed, loaded, and operable firearms within a national park area in accordance with the laws of the state in which the national park area, or that portion thereof, is located, except as otherwise prohibited by applicable Federal law.

And apparently you have to disarm to walk into the bathrooms or the ranger stations, because they are government owned buildings. "Here hunny hold this...I have to pee" Or "here hunny hold this, take a seat I might be in there a few minutes" LoL
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info