• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question RE: Average Firearm Prices in NH

Rush2112

imported post

Apologies if this is off-topic for this subforum, but it's populated by the people I'm trying to ask.

It seems to me that on a lot of the forums I frequent I hear a lot of "I got 'X' gun for 'Y' price." And, when compared to NH gun shops, they often seem to be quite a bit cheaper. I usually avoid Riley's unless I need ammo since they're usually well-stocked and reasonably priced. I find the staff to be unbearable to work with at times, except for that hefty guy who wears Bushmaster shirts all the time. I can stand him at least.

But I digress.

What do you think the reason is that we seem to have higher prices here than in other states? Or maybe it's just me? Some guy in Franklin (according to a buddy I work with) is trying to sell a Super Blackhawk for 600 bucks, used. NIB on Gunbroker they're 625...

Gunslinger

imported post

I bought several guns from Rileys and always found them professional and fair market priced--plus a great selection. This was back in the '90s so may have new people working there now. Nashua had several shops that I looked in, but couldn't beat Rileys.

HyDef

imported post

I'm in Pennsylvania and I see the same thing. Every time I read about someone getting X gun for Y price, it's always much lower than I've seen it for at any of my local gun shops. I'm beginning to wonder if people knock $50 or $100 off the price they really paid to make their purchase sound better.

nhsig220

imported post

Are you sure these people who claim the x-y price are actually buying locally and not on the internet?

Personally, all of my purchases are via internet vendors. Sure, I would love to support my local shops, but most of the time their selection is slim to none. When you ask if they can order it, the song and dance routine begins. My local FFL is a great guy and doesn't mind doing transfers all day long. It's basically free cash income for him to do 5 minutes of paperwork and make a phone call. And his price is fantastic. His firearm inventory on the other hand, is not real good. All used stuff that personally I wouldn't want. Never got a glimpse oa new firearm in there. Even the other guy up the road who carries new stuff, refuses to order anything for you. If it isn't in his case, he doesn't want to bother with you.

In my book, internet purchases are the way to go, both for the price and selection. Find a good dealer, work with them, give them your business and they'll treat you right.