• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An idea worth exploring?

elixin77

imported post

I like the layout of those cards. Nothing that overtly stands out, and they have a more professional appearance.

In today's world, I've noticed that people respond a lot better to a neat, professional appearance vs. a more explosive statement (my experience only! Do not ask for proof, for you shall receive none, haha). They can also be used as an "ice breaker" to open the conversation up to more avenues concerning open carry as well (or onto other topics if you happen to be single...).

I will be siding with Dreamer on the OP though, since we live in the same state. Granted, a card like that will leave a sharper memory, but can also cause more harm then good to the person handing them out.

flagellum

imported post

This isn't an amazing idea. It doesn't matter what the cause, people really don't like you coming up to them and telling them what to believe.

just my .02

OCinColorado

imported post

flagellum wrote:
This isn't an amazing idea. It doesn't matter what the cause, people really don't like you coming up to them and telling them what to believe.

just my .02
I plan on handing this card out only to those who comment to me first as to my carrying. Not pushy at all!

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

I, too, would avoid the Bang- You're Dead cards. I do like the idea of giving out cards, though. Perhaps they could say "Last year, 1 in ??? people in this city were victims of violent crimes." And on the back something catchy like "Fight Crime, shoot back!" if that isn't taken already.

You are on the right track, though. You need to present a relevant, easy to remember fact in a memorable way. Think like the Truth.com anti-cigarette people.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm sorry, but I just about rolled over and died laughing when I first read this. There is the issue of "Bang" and then the comment about "the ole lady running down to gun store to pick up a HEATER". That's the funny side to it.

But then, I imagine handing this card over to someone who maybe doesn't think it's so funny, or doesn't read the other side and suddenly I have all kinds of action on me that I don't want.

Personally, I just like to hand over the pamphlet that we use here in NV that is basically all the statutes, etc. I like to point to actual laws about when it comes to the OC issue, and not try to seem like I am pushing my opinion or personal views on anyone.

Just the facts!

My .02

Kriegsammler

imported post

Thank you all for the input.. I've downloaded and and have been using the KY version of the OC Business card.. I hand one of those out every time someone asks me about why I have a gun on my hip..

I was just interested in the feedback.. to see if anyone had ever tried something similar and if so what were the results..

At the time of my OP I'd given it all of 20 min of thought in bed that night..

My goal was that I was just trying to... do it in a classy, witty, and artistic way... to borrow a phrase.. ;)

-Adam

open4years

imported post

I apologize to you for the ones who have flamed you. You were obviously asking for thoughts on the subject. You mentioned one way that you had thought of, you didn't say it was the only way to do it.

No one should call another person, or their ideas "stupid," or other nasty ways. I know how it feels. I happened to mentioned that I had a .22 in my pocket. I was attacked before I could explain it was a BUG. I will never visit that forum again. Let's not do that here.

Frankly, I consider your concept a good idea. I may not like the one idea you had, but you put that out there as ONE possibility. I usually can easily make people see my side, at least they say that! But, I would like a business card size to give out that includes my state's gun laws or an URL they could go to, if they desired. I would also want this forum URL on the card.

OCinColorado

imported post

open4years wrote:
I would like a business card size to give out that includes my state's gun laws or an URL they could go to, if they desired. I would also want this forum URL on the card.
ONE SIDE OF CARD

OTHER SIDE OF CARD