• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama Starbucks

eye95

imported post

We were talking during today's Montgomery Starbucks about having a statewide Starbucks. The most central location would be the Prattville Starbucks.

So, whaddaya say? Who's interested? When would you want to do this?

I know it's a big drive for folks from Huntsville and Mobile, but I think we'd all like to meet each other.

Vondelta

imported post

Not sure I can make it. That is over a 3 hour drive for me. I am up on the Tennessee line. Not that I wouldn't love to, but it is a very long way.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Von, Mason, Stuck, sounds like a carpool to me. Or if you can make it to Bham, I could give ya'll a ride from here.

Keep us posted, and yes a statewide event would be awesome! I'd want to go ahead and go shooting and go out to eat as well!

DJDD

imported post

Monkeytown wrote:
eye95 wrote:
OK, DJDD, of the Prattville Chapter, is there a range in the area?
Uh....in his back yard. But there is this pesky neighbor with a shed or something?! :p

:monkey

Closest range is gonna be in Montgomery or Wetumpka unless I can pull some strings and get Pratville PD to let us use theirs. Very doubtful though. As for eating and whatnot, plenty of options in the area.

47_MasoN_47

imported post

I won't know until closer to time, but I'd love to do it! If any of you other North AL guys wanna carpool let me know. I get 40-45MPG highway so between a few of us gas would be dirt cheap.

DJDD

imported post

47_MasoN_47 wrote:
I won't know until closer to time, but I'd love to do it! If any of you other North AL guys wanna carpool let me know. I get 40-45MPG highway so between a few of us gas would be dirt cheap.

40-45 MPG?!?!?

You drive a SMART car or something? :p

I'd love to have that kind of mileage, I get 11.6 MPG's. :(

dixieborn

imported post

DJDD wrote:
47_MasoN_47 wrote:
I won't know until closer to time, but I'd love to do it!  If any of you other North AL guys wanna carpool let me know.  I get 40-45MPG highway so between a few of us gas would be dirt cheap.

40-45 MPG?!?!?

You drive a SMART car or something? :p

I'd love to have that kind of mileage, I get 11.6 MPG's. :(

I get 40-45 MPG in my smaller vehicle.... but I really am not inviting any of y'all to ride on the back of the motorcycle with me!

Just to weigh in, I'd love to do this sometime with y'all if there is ever another time! I've got a wedding to attend that weekend (my fiancee's the maid of honor, not getting out of this one!), so I can't make that date. I'm just not going to ask anyone to change it for me since my schedule is so unpredictable. Hope y'all get to do it though!

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

I am down for June 12. Maybe December 15. Whatever. I'm there. Why don't we have more people getting into this?

I feel like we've hit a brick wall and the new guys are on the other side of that wall, we just can't reach them. We need a fund raiser!

I HAVE AN IDEA!!! Fundraiser, make some money, rent a billboard or two! It's perfect!

dixieborn

imported post

Hey did someone invite Bird Dog? That could solve the problem of anyone needing to call the cops on us... he could just arrest us on the spot as we arrived! ;) :banghead:

Deacon Blues

imported post

dixieborn wrote:
Hey did someone invite Bird Dog? That could solve the problem of anyone needing to call the cops on us... he could just arrest us on the spot as we arrived!
Oh, I know you're joking, but you just brought up a real issue. We've suspected for a while that various LEAs were monitoring this forum, but now we know. We already knew that we would be under increasing public scrutiny as time went on (that was the goal, really), and apparently that time is upon us. Tread lightly.

And I'm in for the state meet-up, so long as it isn't on Sunday. That's the only reason I haven't been able to make the B'ham meetings! :banghead: