• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry with .22LR

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

My personal experiences with my Sig Sauer Mosquito. When i use to live out in the high desert we had alerts of the mountain lion population on the increase. Local ordinance allowed "kill on sight" as long as it was on private property or in situation of immediate danger. While out on a trail doing some ATV'ing me and some buddies ran across 2 lions. About 15 miles out of the city my buddy in front of me wipes out because he freaked out at the sight of the lions...next thing i see the lions are about 30 feet from him *(looking hungry). Luckily i always like to have my firearm with me. i had it in my back pack, took it out loaded and took fire. shot off 4 rounds and struck one cat dead in the side of the neck, the other ran off from the noise. i didnt kill the cat i hit but it did drop the cat. Anyone out there with a good story with 22's?

groovedrummer

imported post

Deathwing_Kingstar wrote:
My personal experiences with my Sig Sauer Mosquito. When i use to live out in the high desert we had alerts of the mountain lion population on the increase. Local ordinance allowed "kill on sight" as long as it was on private property or in situation of immediate danger. While out on a trail doing some ATV'ing me and some buddies ran across 2 lions. About 15 miles out of the city my buddy in front of me wipes out because he freaked out at the sight of the lions...next thing i see the lions are about 30 feet from him *(looking hungry). Luckily i always like to have my firearm with me. i had it in my back pack, took it out loaded and took fire. shot off 4 rounds and struck one cat dead in the side of the neck, the other ran off from the noise. i didnt kill the cat i hit but it did drop the cat. Anyone out there with a good story with 22's?

You where riding ATVs...two mountain lions, at the same time, in the same place, in the middle of the day, let you run into them... even with the amount of noise your where no doubt making.... and then you shot at them with a 22....

I dont know man...

25sierraman

imported post

wild animals scare me. After a few dog encounters in Kirkuk i hate running into any animal thats not on a leash. I'd have probably soiled myself shortly before unloading in its general direction :shock:. Of course thats only because it was in a safe un inhabited area where it was technically legal to kill the animal onsite and becasue of the percieved threat (that should flame proof my post for the most part).

glad that whole encounter didnt get ugly. I've heard horror stories about mountain lions from the other guys out west.

Deathwing_Kingstar

imported post

Mountain lions are a scary encounter but really they are afraid of us as much as we are them. if you do ever run into them take them out first before you become a decent lunch.

- Carry On !

None2Slow

imported post

Years ago when I lived in Sacramento, there was a story of a lady jogging that was attacked and killed by a Mountain Lion. They say that there were reports of encounters in the area and that they will sit above and wait for you to jog by. They would ambush you. Like a cat and mouse, and guess what one you are?