• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long term OC

patriotthad

imported post

I have been OCing regularly in my home town for almost 6 years. Which is the whole time I have been here. I never even have a curious glance. It has been well received and I have OCed in the grocery store, funerals, gas stations, auctions, hardware, schools and even city hall. I have OCed in all of the local towns with almost always the same result. So good so far.

Oh, by the way I am the City Marshall:D

imported post

patriotthad wrote:
I have been OCing regularly in my home town for almost 6 years. Which is the whole time I have been here. I never even have a curious glance. It has been well received and I have OCed in the grocery store, funerals, gas stations, auctions, hardware, schools and even city hall. I have OCed in all of the local towns with almost always the same result. So good so far.

Oh, by the way Thad everytime I have seen you open carrying you also had your badge on your belt.:D

Broondog

imported post

9026543 wrote:
patriotthad wrote:

Oh, by the way Thad everytime I have seen you open carrying you also had your badge on your belt.:D
yeah, i met Thad once too, and the badge kinda throws things off.

oh hey Thad....i've been carrying my Sig lately. i hope you find that more acceptable than a Glock. :lol:

patriotthad

imported post

You still haven't bought a 1911?:shock:By the way, MOST of the time I DO NOT wear my badge. Though it would make things easy. Yesterday, I was in JB's Healthmart in West Plains. The clerk asked if I "worked any where". I stated that I did, but didn't tell her that I was a cop. I thought she probably was hinting about my gun. I never take the bait unless I am asked point blank. I later asked her if she thought I was disabled, thinking I might be able to "witness" regarding OC. She stated that she was just asking about my work schedule for further appointments at her store. So I didn't get a chance to witness. :(