• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

under $7 holster

goalseter88

imported post

i found this below from another website someone posted and thought this might help some ppl who are looking for a holster. my buddy has bought one and it works great for his gun. he found it at wal mart but he stated he linked an amazon link since it was the fastest way to get a pic of it. and if your left handed a person stated that the manufactorer also sells a lefty if you buy directly from them.

Check Out What I Found At Wal-Mart!

Hey guys and gals....check out what I found at Wal-Mart...

This holster sells for $6.77 at Wal-Mart and is advertised for Airsoft pistols.

Well, I took it out of the package and looked it over pretty good and it looks like a normal type of pistol/revolver holster. I took it home and tried several guns in it and also took it to the range and tried more guns in it and it fits a lot of guns and looks to be the same type of construction and materials as the normal type of holsters...

I tried: Walther P22, Glock 17, a FN FiveseveN pistol, XDM 9mm, Ruger SR9, HK P7 PSP, HK P7M13, full size 1911, a Ruger LCR, Smith & Wesson M&P .40 caliber full size, S&W Airweight .38 Special, hi-point 9mm compact....and they all fit very well.

Check it out .... hard to beat the price......

http://www.amazon.com/Crosman-SAH02-.../dp/B000HWV7OE

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Already got one. Haha. Only thing I could find on short notice to fit my carry gun.

m7wba.jpg

339lic2.jpg

Porter N

imported post

I got one for my airsoft gun, and used it to OC my springfield XD and berettas.

Not to burst anyone's bubble or downplay the great price and good holster, but i felt like the retention buckle was too hard to undo in an emergency situation. yeah, it snaps, too, but still. and if someone pulls on it hard enough, the velcro around your belt come undone in a few seconds -

over all, it's pretty good holster, but not for me. I spent a little more and got a nice paddle holster for each of my guns.

Damiansar-15

imported post

you get what you pay for...I suppose it is better than tucking a pistol within a belt, but still seems like and inferior rig, especially if you are going to be using shooting/carrying quality firearms...

marrero jeff

imported post

those universal holsters have terrible retention. you dont want a holster to fit 20 different gun, you want it designed for the specific model you intend to carry. stop being a cheap ass and get a real holster.

goalseter88

imported post

i prefer my serpa. but if i was wanting a nylon type i try it. yah its cheap but if it fits your gun snuggly it will have the same retention as that 20 buck nylon holster. and you state this isnt good b/c its universal.butall nylonones will be somewhat universal b/c they flexable. untill you take out the flexiblity of nylon, you will always be able to fitseveral different but similar guns in it. it will fit in diferent forms as long as the guns close/similar. hell they dont even really have to be toosimilar. its just the more similar they are, the beter fit will be. i mean nylon with its flexablity is never going to have a GREAT retention. with the nylon type, its all about if it is snug enough to keep it in place. there arent any rention devices.( besides the top strap, which even this cheap one has)

serpas arent as forgiveable b/c they arent flexable they require that certian parts of the gun to attach too so if you have a XD serpa like mine i might or might not be able to put a glock which is pretty similar in shape and design but not totally,depending on if the gun has the same shape trigger guard to hook on to, and if the gun itself isnt the same size it wont fit in it at all etc.

i not saying this holster is the best, but if i was in a market for a nylon holster can compete with any other nylon holster. i atleast look at it before going on something else. i wouldnt rule it out based solely on the price tag. only thing i dont really care for is the belt loop holder beeing able to flap open. i have to see how easy it is to open. but if i was hurting for cash and thats my only complaint. i just get my gf to make several sewing passes threw that belt loop and make it a normal one that cant flip open.

like i said on another forum some things are worth paying extra for and some things dont really have any difference besides the logo on it. i had several things where i had a cheaper model and a main brand model and that cheap one has had double the life span on it then that main model.

bomber

imported post

i use mine with some velcro as a car holster. mounts to my center console and is easily removed.

beyond that, i dont really feel comfortable using it for everyday carry. it flops around too much and i dont like the retention system.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just like CC; It's better than nothing, but nothing is all it is better than...

If you can't afford anything else, by all means.

Diocoles

imported post

bomber wrote:
i use mine with some velcro as a car holster. mounts to my center console and is easily removed.

beyond that, i dont really feel comfortable using it for everyday carry. it flops around too much and i dont like the retention system.

Exactly my sentiments and how I used it.

Works great on the console in the car either side.