• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick! Join this militia!

Superlite27

imported post

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem kinda fishy when you have a thread mention the word "militia" and 50 million new members join?

I came across this

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum22/5078.html

And lo' and behold! Looks like THE place to be for new members! Look at the post counts. Have we ever had a thread saying "Anybody want to go on an OC outing?" and have 20 people offer their first post in it? And here I thought this was OPEN CARRY . org. I was unaware I was now in "JOIN A MILITIA" .org.

And here I was thinking that open carry was for everyone. Guess we folks who aren't really into the militia movement have picked the wrong place, huh?

Kinda brings back fond memories of the "There are rats aboard this ship" thread where we dicussed being infiltrated by folks who's focus on THE OPEN CARRYING OF FIREARMS WAS NOT THEIR MAIN REASON FOR BEING HERE.

What makes folks who's mainpriority is "militia" stuff, any different than folks who's main priority is police entrapment, or folks who's main priority is criminal endeavors, or who's main priority is knitting sweaters?

As I've said often enough before...the surest way to sink a cause you firmly believe in is to TIE IT FIRMLY TO ANOTHER CAUSE.

Since Open Carry is inclusive of everyone regardless of political beliefs, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other, why is there a need to tie it to something other than itself?

Shared interests are fine, but doesn't it raise just a tiny little red flag when you start a thread about import cars and you get one new member join......

..then you start a thread about basket weaving and you find one other person interested......

....and you start a thread about joining a militia and 500 people chime in we've never heard of before?

I'm not saying that we should ignore, run off, or treat them in any way different than we would treat anyone else, but maybe just realize that if the main priority is on basket weaving......

......a basket weaving web site might be a good place to discuss basket weaving.

....and a "join a militia" web site might be a good place to join a militia if this is the main priority?

Otherwise.......doesn't this make you say, "Hmmmmmmmmmm." just a little?

After all, it's not like Rachel Maddow is trying to link the OC movement to militias so it can then be linked to Timothy McVeigh, is it?

Maybe you might think just a little before doing it for her, huh? Because, I myself, have no desire to have anything to do with a militia.

Maybe those who do should try starting their own site instead of co-opting mine.

So...I'm gonna start a new "militia". My militia is going to be a militia of minutemen who comment in threads asking if the folks main priority is firearms freedom for everyone, or joining a militia. And if the folks in these threads aren't here for the main priority of OPEN CARRY, I will kindly andpolitely refer them to John or Mike.

Ole Man Dan

imported post

Superlite27 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but doesn't it seem kinda fishy when you have a thread mention the word "militia" and 50 million new members join?

I came across this

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum22/5078.html

And lo' and behold! Looks like THE place to be for new members! Look at the post counts. Have we ever had a thread saying "Anybody want to go on an OC outing?" and have 20 people offer their first post in it?  And here I thought this was OPEN CARRY . org. I was unaware I was now in "JOIN A MILITIA" .org.

And here I was thinking that open carry was for everyone. Guess we folks who aren't really into the militia movement have picked the wrong place, huh?

Kinda brings back fond memories of the "There are rats aboard this ship" thread where we dicussed being infiltrated by folks who's focus on THE OPEN CARRYING OF FIREARMS WAS NOT THEIR MAIN REASON FOR BEING HERE.

What makes folks who's main priority is "militia" stuff, any different than folks who's main priority is police entrapment, or folks who's main priority is criminal endeavors, or who's main priority is knitting sweaters?

As I've said often enough before...the surest way to sink a cause you firmly believe in is to TIE IT FIRMLY TO ANOTHER CAUSE.

Since Open Carry is inclusive of everyone regardless of political beliefs, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other, why is there a need to tie it to something other than itself?

Shared interests are fine, but doesn't it raise just a tiny little red flag when you start a thread about import cars and you get one new member join......

..then you start a thread about basket weaving and you find one other person interested......

....and you start a thread about joining a militia and 500 people chime in we've never heard of before?

I'm not saying that we should ignore, run off, or treat them in any way different than we would treat anyone else, but maybe just realize that if the main priority is on basket weaving......

......a basket weaving web site might be a good place to discuss basket weaving.

....and a "join a militia" web site might be a good place to join a militia if this is the main priority?

Otherwise.......doesn't this make you say, "Hmmmmmmmmmm." just a little?

After all, it's not like Rachel Maddow is trying to link the OC movement to militias so it can then be linked to Timothy McVeigh, is it?

Maybe you might think just a little before doing it for her, huh? Because, I myself, have no desire to have anything to do with a militia.

Maybe those who do should try starting their own site instead of co-opting mine.

So...I'm gonna start a new "militia". My militia is going to be a militia of minutemen who comment in threads asking if the folks main priority is firearms freedom for everyone, or joining a militia. And if the folks in these threads aren't here for the main priority of OPEN CARRY, I will kindly and politely refer them to John or Mike.

WELL PUT...

If Militia's want to recruit, let them do it on Militia sites. There are enough folks on the 'Fringe' of any movement that are not what we would call 'Mainstream'.
(Face it, some are NUTS) Quite a few of those folks on the 'Fringe', are not interested in Open Carry, just the confrontation with authorities.

ODA 226

imported post

Ole Man Dan wrote:
If Militia's want to recruit, let them do it on Militia sites. There are enough folks on the 'Fringe' of any movement that are not what we would call 'Mainstream'.
(Face it, some are NUTS) Quite a few of those folks on the 'Fringe', are not interested in Open Carry, just the confrontation with authorities.
Just like our very ownvillage idiot who goes by the name of kwikrnu? ....:what:

Superlite27

imported post

yale wrote:
We in the State Defence Forces describe the groups they are discussing as "Rump militias". There is already a state run and organized Indiana SDF, the Indiana Guard Reserve.

More about State Defence Forces aka State Guards or State Military Reserves can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Defense_Forces

Which is all fine and dandy. I have no problem with that.

Don't you have a website where you discuss this militia stuff among militia members who are all interested in the militia?

Cause I'm here at OPENCARRY.ORG to discuss topicsabout OPEN CARRY.

What does open carry have to do with being in a militia?

Dreamer

imported post

and y'all need to remember that most "militia" groups are actually set up by Feds, or at the very least are heavily infiltrated by LE agent provocateurs as a way to find and entrap stupid people they can prod into doing stupid things so they can drum up fear about "violent extremism"...

Where there is no problem, they will create one...

When I see a "militia", I walk quickly the other direction, because 9.9 times out of ten, there are at least a couple LEO's in the mix, and they're usually at the top of the organization.

"America is an apple pie...With a few bad apples...Right toward the top..."
--Roy Zimmerman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDSAmQ_AqEU

simmonsjoe

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Ole Man Dan wrote:
Just like our very ownvillage idiot who goes by the name of kwikrnu? ....:what:
SSHHHH! He'll hear you.