• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry meet May 25th

jimwyant

imported post

I'm new to NC as far as these kinds of things are concerned. I was at the inaugural OC dinner in Richmond, VA back in '06, but life circumstances have moved me permanently to Mebane, NC and kept me otherwise occupied since then.

I have an appointment earlier that afternoon in Burlington, but I may be able to make it if I finish up in time and you still have room for one more. Please advise.

Dress code?

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
imported post

There is always room for one more. No dress code, I'll be just gettin off of work so most likely ill be in some work cloths and a properly holstered hand gun.(if you don't like to open carry CC if you like or even if you don't like to carry at all, there is fin also.)

jimwyant

imported post

I just wanted to make sure jeans and a polo-type shirt would be appropriate.

As for CC vs. OC, I only CC for special circumstances and times when it is cold enough to require a jacket.

Since this will be my first time with this group, how do I find everyone?

nobama

imported post

I regret I will not make this one. I must shampoo our carpet while the dog is at the vet. We will be having company. Yall have fun.

Juggernaut

imported post

We will have another one soon. Better yet go ahead and pick a time and place and I'll post the meetup.

Also for those going tonight I'm bringing my camera and tripod so we can get a group picture if everyone wants.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

My wife & I attend a small group Bible study with a few other couples on Tuesday nights. So I pretty much knew I couldn't do it once it was announced as being on a Tuesday. Any other night is usually good for me. I was going to go to the last OC meetup in K'ville, but I missed that one due to illness. :banghead:

PS... As of last weekend, the Glock 21 now has some TruGlo night sights :)

jag06

imported post

Had a great time tonight. Nice seeing some familiar faces and some new ones. Food was great as usual. Cant wait for the next one but I might have to wait until the fall as I start working at boy scout camp in just under 2 weeks, unless its on a Saturday afternoon.