• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

open4years

imported post

I somewhat disagree with the first statement as you didn't mention a background check.

Even though people are assumed to be innocent until proven guilty, my answer is no. I mean not just the accused but everyone except law enforcement should not be allowed to carry there. Grieving family members might just shoot the trash that raped and killed their daughter, especially if he was found innocent. The accused might also shoot the judge when sentenced to death.

open4years

imported post

rodbender wrote:
I've seen a lot of dumb questions asked on this forum of late. Why would anyone even spend the time to answer such stupid questions? Do some of you guys actually sit around trying to see who can come up with the dumbest question? Or are you actually this stupid? Well, I think this is the winner so far by an extremely wide margin. I suppose it will be quite some time before someone tops this one. Yeah, I know, I took the time to write this reply, but I needed to say it. So, there it is. I'm really close to dumping this forum for the Huffington Post. As stupid as the folks over there are, at least they sound intelligent.

I believe you might benefit from my "tolerance" thread.

SemperFiTexan

imported post

It always starts with something that sounds resonable, simple, and for a good cause. That is why we have lost so many of our rights through the years. As long as we continue to help the liberals reduce and restrict our RIGHTS we are as much to blame for this mess as they are.

We have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, anywhere and anytime. When you surrender one inch of that right you start down a very slippery slope that you many never recover from. Don't believe me, look at our laws now!

Old Grump

imported post

One_Shot wrote:
It always starts with something that sounds resonable, simple, and for a good cause. That is why we have lost so many of our rights through the years. As long as we continue to help the liberals reduce and restrict our RIGHTS we are as much to blame for this mess as they are.

We have the RIGHT to keep and bear arms, anywhere and anytime. When you surrender one inch of that right you start down a very slippery slope that you many never recover from. Don't believe me, look at our laws now!
Pass a law, lose a freedom. It's that simple.

eye95

imported post

rodbender wrote:
I've seen a lot of dumb questions asked on this forum of late. Whywould anyone even spend the time toanswer such stupid questions? Do some of you guys actually sit aroundtrying to see who can come up with the dumbest question? Or are you actually this stupid?Well, I think this is the winner so far by an extremely wide margin. I suppose itwill be quite some time before someone tops this one.Yeah, I know, I took the time to write this reply, but I needed to say it. So, there it is. I'm really close to dumping this forum for the Huffington Post. As stupid as the folks overthere are, at least they sound intelligent.
By all means, do what you have to do. If you find that you can post there without insulting everyone in sight, then that place would be a more comfortable fit for you.