Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Ladies Only OC Lunch In/Near Charlotsville?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    OK ladies I know we are out there and I want to see who is up for meeting for lunch in June. Mrs.Jero and I both live in Lynchburg and at the OC dinners here in Lynchburg we have been the only ladies to show up. We want to meet with some other women who OC. I know that there are several women who regularly go to the Richmond dinners and OC around town. I think someplace in or near Charlotsville would be about halfway for those of us in Lynchburg and Richmond.
    So here are my questions to you ladies. Who would be interested in going to a ladies OC lunch? What Saturday in June? Where would you like to meet?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    Yes, Mrs.jmelvin and I are tired of being the only ladies at some of these events. We are so excited about having a girls only event. Let us know of Cville would be a good halfway point :0)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    Mrs. Regular_Joe doesn't participate in this forum but she is an active OC'er and would love an opportunity to meet other like-minded ladies. Post the time/date/location and I'd be happy to forward to her. We are about 40 min away from Charlottesville, so that would work for her.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    Mrs.Jero and I are trying to figure out how many women are interested in meeting up, when people would like to meet and what restaurant to meet at. Being from Lynchburg we are not familiar as to what restaurants are OC friendly in or near C-ville. Please feel free to suggest places and a date. Guys please feel free to tell your wives and girlfriends!!!! We want to get as many women as possible.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    We are thinking either the 5th, 12th, 19th, or 26th. It would be for lunch time, and we were hoping the c'ville ppl would be able to help suggest a venue :0). Keep spreading the word.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    mrsjero1987 wrote:
    We are thinking either the 5th, 12th, 19th, or 26th. It would be for lunch time, and we were hoping the c'ville ppl would be able to help suggest a venue :0). Keep spreading the word.
    19 or 26 June would work best for Mrs. Regular_Joe.

    We have OC'd for lunch at Red Robin, Panera's and Wood Grill:

    http://www.redrobin.com/map/default....lng=-78.471887
    1535 E. Rio Rd.
    Charlottesville,VA22901
    (434) 964-9523

    http://www.panerabread.com/cafes/find.php
    121 Community Street
    Charlottesville, VA 22911
    (434) 973-5264

    http://www.woodgrillbuffet.com/locations.html
    576 Branch Lands Boulevard
    Charlottesville, VA 22901
    (434) 975-5613

    Thanks for coordinating this!


  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    I am loving either Red Robin or Panera just because I have been to those. With the Panera we would probably have to go a little later depending on our size because its almost always packed.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    66

    Post imported post

    The Wood Grill looks like a bigger chain though, so with maybe a room to reserve if needed.

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201

    Post imported post

    Danger, danger Will Robinson: Red Robin has a corporate "No Guns" policy!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    jmelvin wrote:
    Danger, danger Will Robinson: Red Robin has a corporate "No Guns" policy!
    We've OC'd at the C'ville Red Robin often - no issues. No pressure, I'm just speaking from our experience. Of course, we are normally there with our three little Regular_Joe's, and not 5-10 other OC'ers.

    The Wood Grill is a large buffet - tables surrounded by booths - I haven't seen a side room.

    Mrs. Regular_Joe says that the Wood Grill might be crowded at lunch time - it often is at peak dinner time. Her pick would probably be Red Robin or Panera's, but she thinks it will be fun wherever you choose!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    71

    Post imported post

    Regular_Joe wrote:
    jmelvin wrote:
    Danger, danger Will Robinson: Red Robin has a corporate "No Guns" policy!
    We've OC'd at the C'ville Red Robin often - no issues. No pressure, I'm just speaking from our experience. Of course, we are normally there with our three little Regular_Joe's, and not 5-10 other OC'ers. ...
    I concur. Even if they have a corporate no guns policy the Charlottesville restaurant doesn't seem to know, or care (or both). I've had very good experiences there. Really, I haven't had problems with any restaurant in Cville so happy hunting for your OC dinner.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    What about Pargo's?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    314

    Post imported post

    19th Please! Lunch would be better since most of us are not from Charlottesville, so we're not trying to find our way around in the dark. Not all of us have G.P.S. What about Chili's, or Olive Garden. You know, somewhere that's a chain so we know it's there and were fairly certain of its O.C. status and the food quality.

    Richmond ladies, if you want to car pool let me know!


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Charlottesville / Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    150

    Post imported post

    There's a few of us who OC regularly around C'ville, so if you come up with a place your not sure about, just give me a holler and I'll check the place out for you..

    Regards, Pete

  15. #15
    Regular Member Harper1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lorton, VA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    I would like to do something like this but C'ville is 2 hrs away so its a long shot. if its a weekend and i am in town I will try to make it.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    Ok ladies I think that we should have our lunch on June 19, since ClumsyCandy and Mrs.RegularJoe both like that weekend. I also think meeting around 1 or 1:30 would work for a time. Now all we need is a place. I personally do not want to go to Red Robin because of their corporate no gun policy. I would also like to go to a casual dining kind of place.
    Harper where are you from? Charlotsville is not set in stone. If you are a little closer to Lynchburg or Richmond we can always choose a different city. Charlotsville was picked cause of where MrsJero and I are and the amount of ladies in Richmond. It is kind of half-way between Lynchburg and Richmond.
    Kenny, what type of restaurant is Pargos? Does anyone have any more suggestions for places to have lunch?

  17. #17
    Regular Member Harper1227's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lorton, VA
    Posts
    387

    Post imported post

    mrs.jmelvin wrote:
    Ok ladies I think that we should have our lunch on June 19, since ClumsyCandy and Mrs.RegularJoe both like that weekend. I also think meeting around 1 or 1:30 would work for a time. Now all we need is a place. I personally do not want to go to Red Robin because of their corporate no gun policy. I would also like to go to a casual dining kind of place.
    Harper where are you from? Charlotsville is not set in stone. If you are a little closer to Lynchburg or Richmond we can always choose a different city. Charlotsville was picked cause of where MrsJero and I are and the amount of ladies in Richmond. It is kind of half-way between Lynchburg and Richmond.
    Kenny, what type of restaurant is Pargos? Does anyone have any more suggestions for places to have lunch?
    please by no means move it on my account. I'm up in lorton. C'ville is 2 hrs from me, Richmond is 1.5. So if I dont have to go to visit family (NJ/OH) I will make hubby and the kids drive down and then ditch them while I have lunch with you lovely ladies!!

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    314

    Post imported post

    Well Chilli's is one of my favorite places. They make the BEST boneless buffalo wings. They even have a boneless buffalo wing salad. Mmmm...and you can't forget the Chocolate Lava Cake for Dessert.

    Just a suggestion...


  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    305

    Post imported post

    Hey -- this is Mrs. Regular_Joe (I hijacked my hubby's account). I'd love to join you for an O/Cluncheon! I like Chili's and Red Robin - nice atmostphere, and hopefully a good opportunity to get a big table. Red Robin is not so noisy as Chili's. Charlottesville is a great choice for me - we're an hour north in Culpeper. There's also Red Lobster.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    314

    Post imported post

    Well, I think we as a group all agree that since Red Robin's corporate policy is no guns, that we won't give them our business.

    And Mrs.jmelvin, I think since this was your idea, you should make the choice about the date, time and location. Otherwise I think we could go back and forth until the night before : ). So one person just has to decide. If there is an overwhelming unhappiness with the choice it could be changed but otherwise, just leave it as you choose it. No one wants to upset anyone else, but we need to choose so it can be stickied and put up at the top so we can get a head count! : )

    Gentlemen, please tell your wives/girlfriends/daughters/mothers about this lunch. Even if they don't carry they should still come.

    We can also post about Car Pools from different locations. I can drive from Richmond if anyone wants to meet up and ride with me to save gas.


  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    I am with Mrs.RegularJoe and ClumsyCandy as far as going to Chili's Restaurant on June 19 at 1:00 or 1:30. The address is 100 Zan Rd. Charlotsville, VA 22901. I will start a new thread to announce the lunch since we have a date time and place

  22. #22
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Post imported post

    Just FYI Red Lobster is also Anti. See: http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red Lobster
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201

    Post imported post

    Mrs. Jmelvin worked for Darden for over a decade and never once heard of any policy banning guns for anyone other than employees. If Darden (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc.) was ever a corporate gun banner, it wasn't widely enforced and the VCDL link is the only place where I've read of it.

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613

    Post imported post

    ClumsyCandy wrote:
    Well, I think we as a group all agree that since Red Robin's corporate policy is no guns, that we won't give them our business.

    And Mrs.jmelvin, I think since this was your idea, you should make the choice about the date, time and location. Otherwise I think we could go back and forth until the night before : ). So one person just has to decide. If there is an overwhelming unhappiness with the choice it could be changed but otherwise, just leave it as you choose it. No one wants to upset anyone else, but we need to choose so it can be stickied and put up at the top so we can get a head count! : )

    Gentlemen, please tell your wives/girlfriends/daughters/mothers about this lunch. Even if they don't carry they should still come.

    We can also post about Car Pools from different locations. I can drive from Richmond if anyone wants to meet up and ride with me to save gas.
    Pick place, date and time - post it on a new thread & it'll be stickied.

    They will come if you build it.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,201

    Post imported post

    Uh, hey Grapeshot, check the sticky list. Place was picked, posted and stickied yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •