• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ladies Only OC Lunch In/Near Charlotsville?

mrs.jmelvin

imported post

OK ladies I know we are out there and I want to see who is up for meeting for lunch in June. Mrs.Jero and I both live in Lynchburg and at the OC dinners here in Lynchburg we have been the only ladies to show up. We want to meet with some other women who OC. I know that there are several women who regularly go to the Richmond dinners and OC around town. I think someplace in or near Charlotsville would be about halfway for those of us in Lynchburg and Richmond.
So here are my questions to you ladies. Who would be interested in going to a ladies OC lunch? What Saturday in June? Where would you like to meet?

mrsjero1987

imported post

Yes, Mrs.jmelvin and I are tired of being the only ladies at some of these events. We are so excited about having a girls only event. Let us know of Cville would be a good halfway point :0)

Regular_Joe

imported post

Mrs. Regular_Joe doesn't participate in this forum but she is an active OC'er and would love an opportunity to meet other like-minded ladies. Post the time/date/location and I'd be happy to forward to her. We are about 40 min away from Charlottesville, so that would work for her.

mrs.jmelvin

imported post

Mrs.Jero and I are trying to figure out how many women are interested in meeting up, when people would like to meet and what restaurant to meet at. Being from Lynchburg we are not familiar as to what restaurants are OC friendly in or near C-ville. Please feel free to suggest places and a date. Guys please feel free to tell your wives and girlfriends!!!! We want to get as many women as possible.

mrsjero1987

imported post

We are thinking either the 5th, 12th, 19th, or 26th. It would be for lunch time, and we were hoping the c'ville ppl would be able to help suggest a venue :0). Keep spreading the word.

Regular_Joe

imported post

mrsjero1987 wrote:
We are thinking either the 5th, 12th, 19th, or 26th. It would be for lunch time, and we were hoping the c'ville ppl would be able to help suggest a venue :0). Keep spreading the word.
19 or 26 June would work best for Mrs. Regular_Joe.

We have OC'd for lunch at Red Robin, Panera's and Wood Grill:

http://www.redrobin.com/map/default.aspx?loc=6268&lat=38.078578&lng=-78.471887
1535 E. Rio Rd.
Charlottesville,VA22901
(434) 964-9523

http://www.panerabread.com/cafes/find.php
121 Community Street
Charlottesville, VA 22911
(434) 973-5264

http://www.woodgrillbuffet.com/locations.html
576 Branch Lands Boulevard
Charlottesville, VA 22901
(434) 975-5613

Thanks for coordinating this!

mrsjero1987

imported post

I am loving either Red Robin or Panera just because I have been to those. With the Panera we would probably have to go a little later depending on our size because its almost always packed.

Regular_Joe

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Danger, danger Will Robinson: Red Robin has a corporate "No Guns" policy!
We've OC'd at the C'ville Red Robin often - no issues. No pressure, I'm just speaking from our experience. Of course, we are normally there with our three little Regular_Joe's, and not 5-10 other OC'ers. ;)

The Wood Grill is a large buffet - tables surrounded by booths - I haven't seen a side room.

Mrs. Regular_Joe says that the Wood Grill might be crowded at lunch time - it often is at peak dinner time. Her pick would probably be Red Robin or Panera's, but she thinks it will be fun wherever you choose!

Regum

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
jmelvin wrote:
Danger, danger Will Robinson: Red Robin has a corporate "No Guns" policy!
We've OC'd at the C'ville Red Robin often - no issues. No pressure, I'm just speaking from our experience. Of course, we are normally there with our three little Regular_Joe's, and not 5-10 other OC'ers. ;) ...
I concur. Even if they have a corporate no guns policy the Charlottesville restaurant doesn't seem to know, or care (or both). I've had very good experiences there. Really, I haven't had problems with any restaurant in Cville so happy hunting for your OC dinner. :)

ClumsyCandy

imported post

19th Please! Lunch would be better since most of us are not from Charlottesville, so we're not trying to find our way around in the dark. Not all of us have G.P.S. What about Chili's, or Olive Garden. You know, somewhere that's a chain so we know it's there and were fairly certain of its O.C. status and the food quality.

Richmond ladies, if you want to car pool let me know!

Harper1227

imported post

I would like to do something like this but C'ville is 2 hrs away so its a long shot. if its a weekend and i am in town I will try to make it.

mrs.jmelvin

imported post

Ok ladies I think that we should have our lunch on June 19, since ClumsyCandy and Mrs.RegularJoe both like that weekend. I also think meeting around 1 or 1:30 would work for a time. Now all we need is a place. I personally do not want to go to Red Robin because of their corporate no gun policy. I would also like to go to a casual dining kind of place.
Harper where are you from? Charlotsville is not set in stone. If you are a little closer to Lynchburg or Richmond we can always choose a different city. Charlotsville was picked cause of where MrsJero and I are and the amount of ladies in Richmond. It is kind of half-way between Lynchburg and Richmond.
Kenny, what type of restaurant is Pargos? Does anyone have any more suggestions for places to have lunch?

Harper1227

imported post

mrs.jmelvin wrote:
Ok ladies I think that we should have our lunch on June 19, since ClumsyCandy and Mrs.RegularJoe both like that weekend. I also think meeting around 1 or 1:30 would work for a time. Now all we need is a place. I personally do not want to go to Red Robin because of their corporate no gun policy. I would also like to go to a casual dining kind of place.
Harper where are you from? Charlotsville is not set in stone. If you are a little closer to Lynchburg or Richmond we can always choose a different city. Charlotsville was picked cause of where MrsJero and I are and the amount of ladies in Richmond. It is kind of half-way between Lynchburg and Richmond.
Kenny, what type of restaurant is Pargos? Does anyone have any more suggestions for places to have lunch?
please by no means move it on my account. I'm up in lorton. C'ville is 2 hrs from me, Richmond is 1.5. So if I dont have to go to visit family (NJ/OH) I will make hubby and the kids drive down and then ditch them while I have lunch with you lovely ladies!!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Well Chilli's is one of my favorite places. They make the BEST boneless buffalo wings. They even have a boneless buffalo wing salad. Mmmm...and you can't forget the Chocolate Lava Cake for Dessert.

Just a suggestion...:lol:

Regular_Joe

imported post

Hey -- this is Mrs. Regular_Joe (I hijacked my hubby's account). I'd love to join you for an O/Cluncheon! I like Chili's and Red Robin - nice atmostphere, and hopefully a good opportunity to get a big table. Red Robin is not so noisy as Chili's. Charlottesville is a great choice for me - we're an hour north in Culpeper. There's also Red Lobster.

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Well, I think we as a group all agree that since Red Robin's corporate policy is no guns, that we won't give them our business.

And Mrs.jmelvin, I think since this was your idea, you should make the choice about the date, time and location. Otherwise I think we could go back and forth until the night before : ). So one person just has to decide. If there is an overwhelming unhappiness with the choice it could be changed but otherwise, just leave it as you choose it. No one wants to upset anyone else, but we need to choose so it can be stickied and put up at the top so we can get a head count! : )

Gentlemen, please tell your wives/girlfriends/daughters/mothers about this lunch. Even if they don't carry they should still come.

We can also post about Car Pools from different locations. I can drive from Richmond if anyone wants to meet up and ride with me to save gas.