• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ladies Only OC Lunch In/Near Charlotsville?

mrs.jmelvin

imported post

I am with Mrs.RegularJoe and ClumsyCandy as far as going to Chili's Restaurant on June 19 at 1:00 or 1:30. The address is 100 Zan Rd. Charlotsville, VA 22901. I will start a new thread to announce the lunch since we have a date time and place :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Mrs. Jmelvin worked for Darden for over a decade and never once heard of any policy banning guns for anyone other than employees. If Darden (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc.) was ever a corporate gun banner, it wasn't widely enforced and the VCDL link is the only place where I've read of it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ClumsyCandy wrote:
Well, I think we as a group all agree that since Red Robin's corporate policy is no guns, that we won't give them our business.

And Mrs.jmelvin, I think since this was your idea, you should make the choice about the date, time and location. Otherwise I think we could go back and forth until the night before : ). So one person just has to decide. If there is an overwhelming unhappiness with the choice it could be changed but otherwise, just leave it as you choose it. No one wants to upset anyone else, but we need to choose so it can be stickied and put up at the top so we can get a head count! : )

Gentlemen, please tell your wives/girlfriends/daughters/mothers about this lunch. Even if they don't carry they should still come.

We can also post about Car Pools from different locations. I can drive from Richmond if anyone wants to meet up and ride with me to save gas.

Pick place, date and time - post it on a new thread & it'll be stickied.

They will come if you build it.

Yata hey

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll pass along your criticism to the wifester. I'll make sure she knows it's not from me. :)

(I actually made the same suggestion to no affect.)

* If you don't see me around here after a week or two send the dogs to hunt for me somewhere in Campbell Co. :D

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
RegularJoe I asked my wife to get on here and reply to your thread, but apparently she forgot. The lunch has not yet been rescheduled so your wife has not missed anything. I'd hope mrs.jmelvin would take action to plan something else, but seeing that even my simple request to reply to you promptly went ignored I wouldn't stake my life on it! :(

ClumsyCandy

RegularJoe I asked my wife to get on here and reply to your thread, but apparently she forgot. The lunch has not yet been rescheduled so your wife has not missed anything. I'd hope mrs.jmelvin would take action to plan something else, but seeing that even my simple request to reply to you promptly went ignored I wouldn't stake my life on it! :(

If I remember correctly you have children, and the school year is about to start if it hasn't already. I'm sure the Mrs. has just been busy :D. C'mon give her some credit : ).

Summer is a busy time for mom's! : ) So I won't pick a date because I don't have offspring and their schedules to deal with! :D

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Sorry ClumsyCandy you must have someone else in mind as we have no kids and school season makes no difference to either of our jobs. I'll mention this thread to her again some time.

mrs.jmelvin

Regularjoe I am sorry that I have not responded to you sooner but the hubby and I were out of town this past weekend and I have been trying to do some online training for my new job. The ladies lunch has not been rescheduled. I am going to chat with mrsjero and see if we can figure out a time that works for us to have the ladies lunch. Keep your eyes open for a new thread with info regarding a ladies lunch!!!

Regular_Joe

Regularjoe I am sorry that I have not responded to you sooner but the hubby and I were out of town this past weekend and I have been trying to do some online training for my new job. The ladies lunch has not been rescheduled. I am going to chat with mrsjero and see if we can figure out a time that works for us to have the ladies lunch. Keep your eyes open for a new thread with info regarding a ladies lunch!!!

No worries - life got pretty busy for us as well! She's looking forward to it!