Thread: open carry on Pawn Stars

Post imported post

on the new Pawn Stars that came on today in the last 3 minutes of the show a lady comes in to sell an antique tricycle and one of the guys that works at the pawn store (at least it looked like he had the logo on his jacket) is OCing a pistol on his right leg, no one freaked out and no one was shot.

Post imported post

I just watched that as well and was coming here to say something about it. Don't know if it was old or a re-run. I also think the guy might have been with her rather than working at the shop, but I'd have to check it out again to know for sure. It's probably on the DVR I'll look into that a bit later.

I wish I could find the clip (looked around for it already) but yeah, as the OP said, a guy walked in with a thigh rig and a pistol. He carried in the trike, stood in the back ground while they were talking, then carried it out.

No problems or reactions.

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland

Post imported post

I've always wondered why the Staff on Pawn Stars (at least the Old Man and Rick--I don't know if I'd let Chumley anywhere near a firearm...) don't OC.

Every pawn shop I've ever been in (that wasn't in an "anti" state like MD) has several staffers that OC--WV, PA, VA, NC.

My guess is their "security" probably has CC permits, and they keep their firearms covered for the taping of the show.

Perhaps some of our NV members can stop in the shop someday and ask them why they don't OC on the show--they've got to be the only pawn shop in an OC-friendly state that doesn't...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

CrimsonSoul wrote:
    on the new Pawn Stars that came on today in the last 3 minutes of the show a lady comes in to sell an antique tricycle and one of the guys that works at the pawn store (at least it looked like he had the logo on his jacket) is OCing a pistol on his right leg, no one freaked out and no one was shot.

I watch some of that show tonight when the blond brought the tricycle in. I didn't see the guy carrying, however, more likely than not, it was one of their employees helping her out. She was definitely pissed at Rick, that's for sure.

If I remember correctly, Pawn Stars is located in Nevada (Gold Star State) where OC if fairly common and accepted.

ETA: Yes, Nevada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawn_Stars

Post imported post

I just looked it over and it is indeed an employee carrying. I imagine Rick probably carries concealed. Being the stars of the show they most likely don't want to address oc issues. I don't blame them. It's a show for entertainment, not politics.

I agree, I would not let ChumLee carry a gun. He's a funny element of the show, but not quite what I would call responsible or itellegent.

Post imported post

ever stopped to think the way chumlee comes across is set up to make the show funnier?

Post imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
    ever stopped to think the way chumlee comes across is set up to make the show funnier?
    I agree. Although, Im sure that Chumlee isnt a member of MENSA, I can tell that a lot of the dialog between the staff is scripted.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Most if not all of the pawn shops here in Vegas, no one that works carries open. Only one shop I know of that does Bargain Pawn. They encourage it. They also have one of the best used gun selections in town.

I would say nearly all of the gun shops though have employees that do carry open. Only 2 I know of in town that do not. American Shooters, they cater to the cop crowd and The Gunstore, they cater to the tourists.

McX

Post imported post

open carry is creeping into the main stream of life!

Post imported post

McX wrote:
    open carry is creeping into the main stream of life!
    [antigun'er]Oh no! It will be like the wild west becuase of all the shootouts [/antigun'er]

McX

Post imported post

hmmm, i watched tombstone last night, and was comforted by all the open carry i saw in the movie. i also noted the bad guys started shooting first, not the law abiders. so much for the theory of wild west shootouts in the street.

Banned

Post imported post

Sig229 wrote:
    marrero jeff wrote:
    I agree. Although, Im sure that Chumlee isnt a member of MENSA, I can tell that a lot of the dialog between the staff is scripted.
    a member of MGO went to vegas and stopped in the pawn stars pawn shop
    No cameras were rolling and he said the old man and chumlee really do go at it like that

Post imported post

I didn't really think I'd like the concept of the show at first, but I enjoy it. I like American Pickers as well.

Post imported post

I had the show DVRed an watched it to see what ya'll are talking about.
    Well the guy was OCing, but the logo on his shirt must be the pawn
    shops logo as Rick and The Old Man had the same logo.

+1 on American Pickers

Post imported post

Big Boy wrote:
    I didn't really think I'd like the concept of the show at first, but I enjoy it. I like American Pickers as well.
    A friend of mine summed it up nicely...

"It's like antiques road show... but for guys..."

:celebrate

It's VERY entertaining... some of the stuff they come up with.....lol
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Post imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
    Big Boy wrote:
    A friend of mine summed it up nicely...

"It's like antiques road show... but for straight guys..."

fixed :P

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    Sig229 wrote:
    marrero jeff wrote:
    a member of MGO went to vegas and stopped in the pawn stars pawn shop
    No cameras were rolling and he said the old man and chumlee really do go at it like that
    Im sure they argue from time to time, hell thats natural when working with anyobody.

Im taking about when the cameras are ON, it is mostly (not all) scripted when it comes to the dialog between store employees.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Saw the same episode recently...the guy who was carrying was on for a split second. It seemed like he was with the woman. They (network staff) either asked him to stay out of the shots or they edited around him, lest they be forced to acknowledge OC...

Post imported post

It's been stated. He obviously worked at the shop. He has the "gold and silver pawn" logo on his hoodie. That is the name of the shop and the same logo the rest of the employees have.

Post imported post

I have also seen the OCing, lol I even rewound the DVR to show the wife