• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry on Pawn Stars

CrimsonSoul

imported post

on the new Pawn Stars that came on today in the last 3 minutes of the show a lady comes in to sell an antique tricycle and one of the guys that works at the pawn store (at least it looked like he had the logo on his jacket) is OCing a pistol on his right leg, no one freaked out and no one was shot.

Big Boy

imported post

I just watched that as well and was coming here to say something about it. Don't know if it was old or a re-run. I also think the guy might have been with her rather than working at the shop, but I'd have to check it out again to know for sure. It's probably on the DVR I'll look into that a bit later.

I wish I could find the clip (looked around for it already) but yeah, as the OP said, a guy walked in with a thigh rig and a pistol. He carried in the trike, stood in the back ground while they were talking, then carried it out.

No problems or reactions.

Dreamer

imported post

I've always wondered why the Staff on Pawn Stars (at least the Old Man and Rick--I don't know if I'd let Chumley anywhere near a firearm...) don't OC.

Every pawn shop I've ever been in (that wasn't in an "anti" state like MD) has several staffers that OC--WV, PA, VA, NC.

My guess is their "security" probably has CC permits, and they keep their firearms covered for the taping of the show.

Perhaps some of our NV members can stop in the shop someday and ask them why they don't OC on the show--they've got to be the only pawn shop in an OC-friendly state that doesn't...

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CrimsonSoul wrote:
on the new Pawn Stars that came on today in the last 3 minutes of the show a lady comes in to sell an antique tricycle and one of the guys that works at the pawn store (at least it looked like he had the logo on his jacket) is OCing a pistol on his right leg, no one freaked out and no one was shot.

I watch some of that show tonight when the blond brought the tricycle in. I didn't see the guy carrying, however, more likely than not, it was one of their employees helping her out. She was definitely pissed at Rick, that's for sure. :)

If I remember correctly, Pawn Stars is located in Nevada (Gold Star State) where OC if fairly common and accepted.

ETA: Yes, Nevada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawn_Stars

Big Boy

imported post

I just looked it over and it is indeed an employee carrying. I imagine Rick probably carries concealed. Being the stars of the show they most likely don't want to address oc issues. I don't blame them. It's a show for entertainment, not politics.

I agree, I would not let ChumLee carry a gun. He's a funny element of the show, but not quite what I would call responsible or itellegent.

Sig229

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
ever stopped to think the way chumlee comes across is set up to make the show funnier?
I agree. Although, Im sure that Chumlee isnt a member of MENSA, I can tell that a lot of the dialog between the staff is scripted.

Vegassteve

imported post

Most if not all of the pawn shops here in Vegas, no one that works carries open. Only one shop I know of that does Bargain Pawn. They encourage it. They also have one of the best used gun selections in town.

I would say nearly all of the gun shops though have employees that do carry open. Only 2 I know of in town that do not. American Shooters, they cater to the cop crowd and The Gunstore, they cater to the tourists.

M

McX

imported post

open carry is creeping into the main stream of life!

M

McX

imported post

hmmm, i watched tombstone last night, and was comforted by all the open carry i saw in the movie. i also noted the bad guys started shooting first, not the law abiders. so much for the theory of wild west shootouts in the street.

Beerme

Banned
imported post

Sig229 wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
ever stopped to think the way chumlee comes across is set up to make the show funnier?
I agree. Although, Im sure that Chumlee isnt a member of MENSA, I can tell that a lot of the dialog between the staff is scripted.
a member of MGO went to vegas and stopped in the pawn stars pawn shop
No cameras were rolling and he said the old man and chumlee really do go at it like that

Big Boy

imported post

I didn't really think I'd like the concept of the show at first, but I enjoy it. I like American Pickers as well.

Hunterdave

imported post

I had the show DVRed an watched it to see what ya'll are talking about.
Well the guy was OCing, but the logo on his shirt must be the pawn
shops logo as Rick and The Old Man had the same logo.

+1 on American Pickers

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Big Boy wrote:
I didn't really think I'd like the concept of the show at first, but I enjoy it. I like American Pickers as well.

A friend of mine summed it up nicely...

"It's like antiques road show... but for guys..."

:celebrate

It's VERY entertaining... some of the stuff they come up with.....lol

Sig229

imported post

Beerme wrote:
Sig229 wrote:
marrero jeff wrote:
a member of MGO went to vegas and stopped in the pawn stars pawn shop
No cameras were rolling and he said the old man and chumlee really do go at it like that

Im sure they argue from time to time, hell thats natural when working with anyobody.

Im taking about when the cameras are ON, it is mostly (not all) scripted when it comes to the dialog between store employees.

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Saw the same episode recently...the guy who was carrying was on for a split second. It seemed like he was with the woman. They (network staff) either asked him to stay out of the shots or they edited around him, lest they be forced to acknowledge OC...

Big Boy

imported post

It's been stated. He obviously worked at the shop. He has the "gold and silver pawn" logo on his hoodie. That is the name of the shop and the same logo the rest of the employees have.