• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Three deadly shootings this weekend

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Since when is a negligent discharge not a chargeable offense?! (Especially when you actually shoot someone!)

I don't believe in calling violations of weapon safety rules accidents.

When you own and use any weapon system, you are charged with the responsibility to use that system in a responsible manner and you are responsible for what it does when you are in control of it. (the only reasonable excuse I can think of is injuries caused by catastrophic failure when you are following safe weapons handling, but then the question becomes did you use proper preventative maintenance?