Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Motorcycle Ride

Post imported post

There hasn't been much organization for this event and the original thread wasn't very on topic when it came to planning, so here is a fresh thread that can be used to plan this event.

First of all, we need to know who is free to attend this event on Saturday, June 5.

After we have a list of people who want to attend, we can map out a route. If people from both sides of the state want to attend, we can plan for two rides (an east side ride and a west side ride) which will meet in the middle at a time to be determined.

It should be noted that anyone with a motorcycle is invited to attend this ride, but those who will be OCing must have a CPL due to the fact that we will be stopping at gas stations to refuel, and gas stations usually sell alcohol. (And also because OC on a vehicle is still a gray area of the law.)

Who is interested?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

lapeer20m - you were the person who suggested this event originally, so if you want to coordinate or oversee the planning, you are more than welcome to do so.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Count me in and likely my brother as well!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Where did everyone go who was interested in this?

Post imported post

Dunno... but if you look over on MOC we are getting all the bites over there... I posted it yesterday.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Posted on MOC, Inc. Calender of Events.

Post imported post

I will have to check and see if I could get some time off. I'd love to join but I do not have a friendly schedule.

Post imported post

i'm in!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

Bump!

Post imported post

Bump

Post imported post

If my motor wasn't still in pieces, I'd be in! I don't think I can keep up on my Schwinn, but after I get new gaskets I'll be at the next one.

Post imported post

I'm going to take a vacation day and take this ride. I'll be needing a day off by then anyway.

Post imported post

I'm game

Post imported post

Ok, who has an extra motorcycle?

Post imported post

craigm wrote:
    I wanted to know the same thing a few months ago, but I solved my problem by buying one!

Post imported post

craigm wrote:
    Last time I had an extra I let my friend ride it...only to be back to 1 after he crashed it.

Post imported post

Howdy ~

You fellers thinking about riding north through the Clare or Houghton Lake area, per chance?

I just came back from a great road trip to Saskatchewan Province (Canada) to visit a brother. The most beautiful part of the whole ride was in the Upper Peninsula (on U.S. 2, aka 'The Great Northern Highway'). Open carried on the Electra-Glide through the U.P. and Minnesota.

Anyone interested in riding over the bridge and camping out in the U.P., to return the next day? just running some ideas by y'all...

Respectfully,
    Billy

Veteran, U.S. Naval Special Warfare

"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners" -I Timothy 1:15 [AV]

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes." -Psalm 118:8-9 [AV]

"Salvation is of the LORD." -Jonah ii. 9c [AV]

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth My word, and
    believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall
    not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

---Jesus Christ the LORD, sent by the Father to effectually & fully SAVE poor,
    needy, wretched sinners by His own sovereign free grace and by His perfect
    righteousness charged to our accounts! (John v. 24, KJV)

Post imported post

I regret to inform everyone reading this that I will no longer be able to attend this ride. I had a mishap while riding two days ago which involved me coming around a corner and finding an SUV stopped in the road, which caused me to go down. My motorcycle is unridable, to say the least. There are further details, but they're not of importance. What is important is that I walked away with only minor road rash and some bruising, thanks in part to the gear I was wearing.

Live to ride, ride to live!

Carry on.

Post imported post

EM87 wrote:
    I regret to inform everyone reading this that I will no longer be able to attend this ride. I had a mishap while riding two days ago which involved me coming around a corner and finding an SUV stopped in the road, which caused me to go down. My motorcycle is unridable, to say the least. There are further details, but they're not of importance. What is important is that I walked away with only minor road rash and some bruising, thanks in part to the gear I was wearing.

Live to ride, ride to live!

Carry on.
    I will be taking charge of this event on EM87's request.

So lets get this worked out!

Where do we want to start the ride? As of now this will be originating somewhere on the SW side and going to some destination and back.

No more than 250 miles round trip.

Good starting points would be Kalamazoo or Battle Creek once we have the starting point and mid point we can arrange the rest such as a good route!

If someone else wants to arrange a ride from the east side to our mid point (possibly Jackson? at Cabmans Grandmas place?) that would be fine however I am not going to try and do both.

Lets throw out some ideas folks!!

Post imported post

EM87, Glad you are OK. Sorry for the bike. I had similar years ago. I came around corner and a van was stopped in mid of road. I hit the brakes and downshifted, sliding out to right side, as i watched my knee get closer to corner of van. I let up on brake and pulled in clutch and bike straightened and I missed the van by inches. Boy was I shakey after that. Lucky was a block from home.

For the ride I would say that a 250 mile ride is way to far, it would take probably 6 hours at least to do that plus time to get to the start and home again. Most organized rides are less than 100 miles.

Just a thought.

I would like to be in on this but can't say for sure.

Post imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
    EM87, Glad you are OK. Sorry for the bike. I had similar years ago. I came around corner and a van was stopped in mid of road. I hit the brakes and downshifted, sliding out to right side, as i watched my knee get closer to corner of van. I let up on brake and pulled in clutch and bike straightened and I missed the van by inches. Boy was I shakey after that. Lucky was a block from home.

For the ride I would say that a 250 mile ride is way to far, it would take probably 6 hours at least to do that plus time to get to the start and home again. Most organized rides are less than 100 miles.

Just a thought.

I would like to be in on this but can't say for sure.
    That is a maximum I agree that 100 miles is likely better.

Post imported post

Here is a favorite of mine ... http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route.../MI/MI_5.shtml

I would propose that this might be the best ride we can do on short notice!

The trouble with Kzoo to Jackson is the back roads are boring :P And the superslab is... well the superslab!

Post imported post

This would make for a long ride for some however as they have to get to the starting point and then back home from the end point.

Example this would be a 291 mile day for me...

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    This would make for a long ride for some however as they have to get to the starting point and then back home from the end point.

Example this would be a 291 mile day for me...
    It'd be even longer for me...but I'd be down...assuming my vacation request is approved.

ETA: Vacation Approved. I'm in as long as the date doesn't change.

Post imported post

Cabman says...
    If all of you bikers and gun toters wanna have a bbq my mom has a huge yard and said I was more then free to use it for an open carry bbq its an easy on and off i94??????

I hate running the superslab... it really is no fun on a bike.

BUT!! I did some more digging and if we drop south there is a nice 2 lane rout that will take us to Jackson.

So I will work out the details and post them on Monday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast