• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Motorcycle Ride

autosurgeon

imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
EM87, Glad you are OK. Sorry for the bike. I had similar years ago. I came around corner and a van was stopped in mid of road. I hit the brakes and downshifted, sliding out to right side, as i watched my knee get closer to corner of van. I let up on brake and pulled in clutch and bike straightened and I missed the van by inches. Boy was I shakey after that. Lucky was a block from home.

For the ride I would say that a 250 mile ride is way to far, it would take probably 6 hours at least to do that plus time to get to the start and home again. Most organized rides are less than 100 miles.

Just a thought.

I would like to be in on this but can't say for sure.
That is a maximum :lol: I agree that 100 miles is likely better.

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
This would make for a long ride for some however as they have to get to the starting point and then back home from the end point.

Example this would be a 291 mile day for me...

It'd be even longer for me...but I'd be down...assuming my vacation request is approved.

ETA: Vacation Approved. I'm in as long as the date doesn't change.

autosurgeon

imported post

Cabman says...
If all of you bikers and gun toters wanna have a bbq my mom has a huge yard and said I was more then free to use it for an open carry bbq its an easy on and off i94??????

I hate running the superslab... it really is no fun on a bike.

BUT!! I did some more digging and if we drop south there is a nice 2 lane rout that will take us to Jackson.

So I will work out the details and post them on Monday.

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Cabman says...
If all of you bikers and gun toters wanna have a bbq my mom has a huge yard and said I was more then free to use it for an open carry bbq its an easy on and off i94??????

I hate running the superslab... it really is no fun on a bike.

BUT!! I did some more digging and if we drop south there is a nice 2 lane rout that will take us to Jackson.

So I will work out the details and post them on Monday.

My bike was made in the days of a 55mph speedlimit anyway. I'd be much happier on two-lane blacktop rather than slab. Also more chance of hitting a dive or something on the way there or back.

My request would be to start the day kind of early if possible. Get to the destination by mid-day. It's always more fun to start the day out a little chilly and warm up with the day anyway.

Thanks for the planning autosurgeon.

sevenplusone

imported post

packinheatmiinoh wrote:
Ride still on for the 5th? I'm in, anyone interested in riding from Flint area PM me.

Where is ride starting? ending?

Well, the east side ride hasn't been very organized just yet. The west side is coming together.

If you have any good ideas for rides on that side of the state post 'em up here so others can takea look.

autosurgeon

imported post

Mastiff and I talked today at the MOC meeting and he is going to propose a better rout as he knows that area better than I do so look for that in the next few days. Once that is done we can iron out meeting points and all of that.

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Mastiff and I talked today at the MOC meeting and he is going to propose a better rout as he knows that area better than I do so look for that in the next few days. Once that is done we can iron out meeting points and all of that.
Cool, I'm a follower not a leader.

lapeer20m

imported post

well this is embarrassing. I picked the date for the ride, but was just informed by my wife that i have a childbirth class to attend that day. UGG!

my humblest apologies to all, but i will not be able to make it.

autosurgeon

imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
well this is embarrassing. I picked the date for the ride, but was just informed by my wife that i have a childbirth class to attend that day. UGG!

hey man life happens! We will be having more of these I am sure!

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:

Autosurgeon, I might just buy everybody that is going some lunch....considering it might just be you and I!

EM87

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:
well this is embarrassing.  I picked the date for the ride, but was just informed by my wife that i have a childbirth class to attend that day.  UGG!

Autosurgeon, I might just buy everybody that is going some lunch....considering it might just be you and I!

And maybe me... I was at the MOC membership meeting today and got talking to mastiff about my bike, and he offered to help me fix it! Hopefully it'll be repaired and running by the date of the ride.

autosurgeon

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:

My brother is in... Mosnar87 also Mastiff and his wife said they are most likely in.. and if EM87 gets his bike fixed that means 5 bikes....

sevenplusone

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
sevenplusone wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
lapeer20m wrote:

My brother is in... Mosnar87 also Mastiff and his wife said they are most likely in.. and if EM87 gets his bike fixed that means 5 bikes....

That would be fantastic.

Billy

imported post

EM87 ~ was sorry to hear about your accident but glad that you weren't seriously messed up.

Hope that some day we can ride together.

:lol: Adios...

Respectfully,
Billy

"He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: He taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear Him, in those that hope in His mercy." -Psalm 147:10, 11 [AV]

TheSzerdi

imported post

EM87, that sucks. Hope everything turns out well.

If folks finalize a route there's a good chance I can join the ride. Don't spose anyone has a sissybar they'd sell cheap that would fit an M50 Boulevard? My gf didn't appreciate the ride to Lansing and back with just the wenchpad. :p

Greyfoxx

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
EM87, that sucks. Hope everything turns out well.

If folks finalize a route there's a good chance I can join the ride. Don't spose anyone has a sissybar they'd sell cheap that would fit an M50 Boulevard? My gf didn't appreciate the ride to Lansing and back with just the wenchpad. :p
Well come on! Riding that far without the sissybar with have twice broken my tailbone, it wasn't that comfortable! Give a gal a break! :D