Thread: Rochester Hills Picnic planning thread

Banned

Post imported post

Its been mentioned by a few of us and now rochester hills has fixed the illegal Ordinance so we should have a picnic
    Im thinking late May/ early June

Possible Dates
    Sat. May 29th
    Sun. May 30th
    Sat. June 5th
    Sun. June 6th

Possible locations
    I was thinking bloomer park but you need a Vehicle permit( $5 for a single days permit) to get in.
    Ill keep looking for locations and would appreciate any input I can get.
    I would also like to try and get the public involved maybe give out hotdogs anr whatnot
    Lets get some IDEAS GOIN

Rules for picnic
    Pets WELCOME bringem out but clean up after your pet DO NOT MAKE IT SOMEONE ELSES WORK.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
    Clean up after yourselfs, the last picnic I went to almost everyone did saw some cig butts being thrown on the ground put them in an ashtray, paper plates and empty cups and bottles go in the garbage so they dont blow all over.
    Lets make this a good picnic

Banned

Post imported post

Close enough to me, Im down for whatever.

Post imported post

Rochester Hills Park Divisions: Entry, Shelter, Etc, fees.

See also, under General Park Information, "Parks at a Glance" for a list of parks.

http://www.rochesterhills.org/city_s...s/overview.asp

Banned

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:

See also, under General Park Information, "Parks at a Glance" for a list of parks.

thanks springer
    looks like itll be either
    avondale park
    http://www.rochesterhills.org/city_s...ndale_park.asp

borden park
    http://www.rochesterhills.org/city_s...orden_park.asp

anyone been to either?

Im seeing borden as more of a sports area and avondale as more of a relaxing park.
    Im looking @ avondale myself

Post imported post

Just a word of caution: Ordinance is not yet fixed. Tonight there wil be a First Reading of the revised Ordinanceat the City Council. In a week or two, there will be a Sesond Reading atwhich time the final version should be voted on. Hopefully, nothingbad happens between now and then.

Post imported post

sasha601 wrote:
    Just a word of caution: Ordinance is not yet fixed. Tonight there wil be a First Reading of the revised Ordinanceat the City Council. In a week or two, there will be a Sesond Reading atwhich time the final version should be voted on. Hopefully, nothingbad happens between now and then.
    Doesn't matter, ordinance doesn't have to be changed in order to enjoy the preemption that already applies.

Nice point on the cig butts Beerme. I concur FWIW.

Banned

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    sasha601 wrote:
    Doesn't matter, ordinance doesn't have to be changed in order to enjoy the preemption that already applies.

Nice point on the cig butts Beerme. I concur FWIW.
    amen to that fatboy and thanks, we are there to make a point and enjoy ourselves we can do it while keeping the place looking good

Post imported post

Yep leave it better than you found it is what I say!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

i suggest spencer, but borden would be better since no permit is required and they hold the festival of the hills there.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

thanks springer
    avondale park

borden park

anyone been to either?

Im seeing borden as more of a sports area and avondale as more of a relaxing park.
    ive been to borden a few times it is more of a sports park, big time. Avondale would be good but i think that might be a sports park too. As i said in my previous post Spencer would be an option. I grew up like less than a mile from there. If yer on a bike, its no charge, but a vehicle permit is required for car.
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Post imported post

Memorial weekend could be a conflict for a lot of folks. I can't speak for others, but it's a no-go for me.

Banned

Post imported post

RabbiVJ wrote:
    Beerme wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:

thanks springer
    avondale park

borden park

anyone been to either?

ive been to borden a few times it is more of a sports park, big time. Avondale would be good but i think that might be a sports park too. As i said in my previous post Spencer would be an option. I grew up like less than a mile from there. If yer on a bike, its no charge, but a vehicle permit is required for car.
    How would those of us who bring large things; grills, tables, containers of food etc.
    Ride a bike there???
    Im not going to consider setting something up that will cost our members money, other than their wonderful contributions of food

and I did forget about memorial day for a minute coondog.
    so it'll probably be the 5th or 6th not sure yet, sunday seems like the best option to me though.
    And coon, you're bringing some of that chili right

Banned

Post imported post

well given the large amount of talking weve been doing on Teamspeak the date is set
    Sunday june 6th
    Ill make a thread with all the info and a sign up list hope to get a bunch of you guys out there

Post imported post

Beerme wrote:
    well given the large amount of talking weve been doing on Teamspeak the date is set
    Sunday june 6th
    Ill make a thread with all the info and a sign up list hope to get a bunch of you guys out there
    Beerme, please add any additional info in this thread. I'll post the event afterwards on Calendar of Events.

Banned

Post imported post

few minutes to late bud made a new one with a new title for it

Banned

Post imported post

OCDO or MOC?

Post imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
    OCDO or MOC?
    Confused ???

Banned

Post imported post

In the post above mine, Beerme said he would make a new one. I diddnt know if it was going to be here or on MOC.

Banned

Post imported post

stop posting in this thread
    there is one here
    and springer put on on MOC

Banned

Post imported post

So where should we post at? Here or moc? I might be able to make it. Sunday june 6 is busy for me. How many people on your teamspeak want it on this day? June 12 is a better day. But i would like to try this. Do I need to be a member of OCDO? How do I join?

Post imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
    So where should we post at? Here or moc? I might be able to make it. Sunday june 6 is busy for me. How many people on your teamspeak want it on this day? June 12 is a better day. But i would like to try this. Do I need to be a member of OCDO? How do I join?

You can post here on OCDO, see the Rochester Hills Picnic At Avondale Park thread.

If you are registered on MOC, Inc, you can post there as well. See the South East Region sub-forum for the event thread.

If you would like to join MOC, Inc, look here:

http://www.michiganopencarry.org/node/2

ETA: Oh, and welcome to OCDO Frank.

Post imported post

Is the other post this post or what ?

Banned

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    This is athread for planning the Rochester hills Picnic. I think.

The thing you type is a post. I wanted to know where to make a post. Because I want to register to come there. I also wanted to know how to sigh up to become a member of ocdo. not MOC. There seems to be too much confusion with that group. And they get mad too easy at someone having picnics. Ocdo seems to be more organized I think and nice guys. And i want to learn more to open carry like them.

Post imported post

Frank Bernz wrote:
    taxwhat wrote:
    This is athread for planning the Rochester hills Picnic. I think.

The thing you type is a post. I wanted to know where to make a post. Because I want to register to come there. I also wanted to know how to sigh up to become a member of ocdo. not MOC. There seems to be too much confusion with that group. And they get mad too easy at someone having picnics. Ocdo seems to be more organized I think and nice guys. And i want to learn more to open carry like them.
    Frank, this is OCDO (not MOC) you are posting on right now--you are already a member here.

Look at my previous post above, I gave you the name of the thread to post your reply(ies) to.

Banned

Post imported post

Thanks for the member information. This is the Rochester hills picnic planning thread. That oter one I found is for something that is on moc. Thank you. I will be coming to this picnic not the moc one because these guys are more friendly.