• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Virginia Beach?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tcmech wrote:
Might want to make sure you load your gun with lead free ammo in case you do have to use it on a shark, the heavy metals polluting the waters could cause some migratory waterfowl to have cancer and then look out for the lawsuit that would surely follow.
I happen to be a fan of SinterFire ammo - especially during the summertime.

http://www.sinterfire.com/

Yata hey

wylde007

imported post

tcmech wrote:
Might want to make sure you load your gun with lead free ammo in case you do have to use it on a shark, the heavy metals polluting the waters could cause some migratory waterfowl to have cancer and then look out for the lawsuit that would surely follow.
Dude. Wow. :lol:

You know, the recent brouhaha about OC in national parks (well, Virginia national parks, anyway) got me wondering...

If the POTENTIAL for a sidearm discharge used in PERSONAL DEFENSE represented a notable hazard to the environment from lead and/or other metals then why aren't these hot-air-balloon-fillers up in arms about the hundreds of live-fire military ranges all over the country?

What about the training ordnance that is dropped, fired and exploded? Weapons and rounds dropped into the seas and oceans? Troubled aircraft ditched, crashed and burned?

And these idiots have obviously never been on a superfund cleanup site. I have. I've been on a couple. It would required thousands of guns firing nonstop for ten straight years to produce enough toxicity to even be measurable... and they're screaming bloody murder over the POTENTIAL of a round or two or three which, if fired properly, would never hit the ground.

It's sheer alarmism and lunacy.

Crash7795

imported post

To the OP: there have been a few people with isolated incidents on the boardwalk/beach area (mostly MWAG calls), but nothing significant that I know of in the last year. I've been down there a couple times with no problem, and my brother has been down there several times with no issue.

SuperDad

Charlottesville / Hampton Roads, Virginia, USA
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
tcmech wrote:
Dude. Wow. :lol:

You know, the recent brouhaha about OC in national parks (well, Virginia national parks, anyway) got me wondering...

If the POTENTIAL for a sidearm discharge used in PERSONAL DEFENSE represented a notable hazard to the environment from lead and/or other metals then why aren't these hot-air-balloon-fillers up in arms about the hundreds of live-fire military ranges all over the country?

What about the training ordnance that is dropped, fired and exploded? Weapons and rounds dropped into the seas and oceans? Troubled aircraft ditched, crashed and burned?

And these idiots have obviously never been on a superfund cleanup site. I have. I've been on a couple. It would required thousands of guns firing nonstop for ten straight years to produce enough toxicity to even be measurable... and they're screaming bloody murder over the POTENTIAL of a round or two or three which, if fired properly, would never hit the ground.

It's sheer alarmism and lunacy.

I've known pcmech for years and I'm pretty sure his comment was pure sarcasm.

:lol::lol:

pkbites

imported post

Well, we just got back from 10 days out there. I OCed every day with no problems. We had gone into a Super Walmart and when I was loading groceries into the car a woman about 20 or so had a stunned look on her face about the Glock on my hip, but said nothing.

I went into a couple of restaurants and nothing happened. Under HR218 I could have concealed but I was interested in what would happen. Nothing happened. Nobody batted an eye.

On the way home we stayed the night in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. I openly carried into the motel lobby we checked into. The motel clerk looked at it and kept talking about check out time and such.

On the drive back I OCed in gas stations in Kentucky and Indiana with no hostilities whatsoever. The normalization of firearms carry in American moves on!:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

pkbites wrote:
Well, we just got back from 10 days out there. I OCed every day with no problems. We had gone into a Super Walmart and when I was loading groceries into the car a woman about 20 or so had a stunned look on her face about the Glock on my hip, but said nothing.

I went into a couple of restaurants and nothing happened. Under HR218 I could have concealed but I was interested in what would happen. Nothing happened. Nobody batted an eye.

On the way home we stayed the night in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. I openly carried into the motel lobby we checked into. The motel clerk looked at it and kept talking about check out time and such.

On the drive back I OCed in gas stations in Kentucky and Indiana with no hostilities whatsoever. The normalization of firearms carry in American moves on!:celebrate
Without a doubt the way it should be everywhere.

Hope you enjoyed your stay and that our southern hospitality measured up.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Hope you enjoyed your stay and that our southern hospitality measured up.
Pesky carpetbaggers. :cuss:

:lol:
Sssssh - they bring their greenbacks with 'em and leave lots and lots here. :lol:

Yata hey