Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartland, WI is Anti Gun

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

Ladies and gentlemen:

Heartland Wisconsin, a Illinois based Corporation, has verified that they have a NO FIREARMS policy. There are no signs in the stores, but they can and will discriminate against those who choose to exercise their right to carry. Both Wisconsin Carry, Inc. and ICarry officials have verified that this is and will continue to be their policy.

I am including a link to their store locator: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/res...t_locator.aspx So you can see WHICH Burger King stores infringe on your rights.

As there are many other options available for fast food, I would encourage you to take your hard earned money to one of their competitors and avoid the Burger King facilities owned by Heartland Wisconsin. If you would like to contact their corporate office to express your concern over this policy here is the corporate contact info:

Heartland Food Corporate Office
    1400 Opus Place, Suite 900
    Downers Grove, IL 60515
    Corporate Office (630) 598-3300

There is also an EMail option on the following page: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/contact_us.aspx

Feel free to share this information on any and all other forums you may belong to. If you have fiends, relatives, or neighbors who work at one of their facilities, respectfully request they seek alternative employment with an employer who does not have a preexisting prejudice against those who carry.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I have enjoyed a long standing preexisting prejudice against all fast 'food'. While my sympathies lie with your boycott, I can't withdraw my custom non existing.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar

Post imported post

sent out an alert via twitter. Today would be a good day for people to call and leave a message for the corp. execs to let them know the business they will be losing.
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

I have emailed them. The Burger King in Elkhorn, WI is run/owned by them.

I am a member of Wisconsin Carry Inc and was a frequent customers of yours. I have recently found out that you will not allow open carry of a handgun in your restaurants. Since the only people having a gun in your restaurants are criminals and law abiding people will have no means of protecting ourselves, I do not feel safe eating at your establishments any more.

Please let me know when you start supporting the 2nd ammendment rights and I will be happy to enjoy a Whopper. In the mean time, McDonald's it is!

Post imported post

Letter sent out. Burger King is now dead to me.

Post imported post

I don't see any owned by Heartland in Eau Claire. Should I still send them a email?

I go to BK all the time and never have a problem.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Post imported post

lance galloway wrote:
    Should I still send them a email?
    It wouldn't hurt to let them know. It has more bite if you are a customer but letting know that a potential customer is boycotting also has teeth.

Post imported post

lance galloway wrote:
    I don't see any owned by Heartland in Eau Claire. Should I still send them a email?

I go to BK all the time and never have a problem.
    Absolutely send them a letter. Let them know that the franchise owner in your area has no problem with it, and you don't understand why they should.

You "much prefer BK over other brands, but do to this policy you will visit other establishments instead on a Heartland store."

Also send a letter to BK corporate, letting them know how confusing this will become because of the multiple franchises and no defined policy (each franchise being different) you might just stop visiting ALL BK's to avoid the hassle of needing to "check first."

Post imported post

I just sent them a e-mail, an poster it on my work web as well..

Post imported post

for once I totally agree with Doug, I also do not frequent fast food places , last time I ate fast food was 15 years ago. But, I did send them a letter.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

Email sent.

I and a few others were actually told by a local manager not to come back due to Heartland's corporate policy. If they indeed have no policy then this was a lie.

Post imported post

Spartacus wrote:
    Email sent.

I and a few others were actually told by a local manager not to come back due to Heartland's corporate policy. If they indeed have no policy then this was a lie.
    Nope, she (the manager) wasn't lying. SAK talked with their (Heartlands) attorney at length and he(lawyer) told SAK they don't want our business. So if they don't want "rights minded individuals" in their stores, I will take my business elsewhere and encourage everybody I know to avoid them like the plague.

Post imported post

I emailed them

Post imported post

Email To Heartland:

I have just heard that your corporate policy is to ban the legal carrying of firearms in your properties by law abiding American citizens. Normal everyday citizens wish to carry arms for tho sole purpose of protecting those they love, in accordance with the rights set by our forefathers. If your policy is to ban ALL weapons (including legal ones) in your stores, then I will be forced take my money elsewhere, as well as spread the word that Heartland Corp does not support the freedoms that my brothers and sisters in arms are at this moment, making the ultimate sacrifice in order to protect.
    Heartland Burger King is off my patronage list.. Bring back my rights and I'll bring back my business.

Post imported post

Sent them an email, my family and friends will have to dine else where. Thanks for the heads up. Carry on
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

I just sent this email:

To whom it may concern:
    I am writing this to express my grave disappointment at your corporate policy concerning the lawful carry of a firearm. Your choice to willfully discriminate against me and those; who like me, choose to carry, is very disheartening. Thus, I must inform you that I will no longer be purchasing Black Angus Mushroom Cheese Burgers or Whoppers or the best shake around, from your stores. You are taking a stand against the Constitution of the United States of America and I will take special pains to enlighten all who cross my path as to your stance against my rights on this very important issue.

This can all go away if you just follow Starbucks attitude and simply follow state law. As it stands now, you have thousands who will be now working against you and your business. You may not feel the pain of a boycott today, but I promise you, as the economy tumbles, you will remember this email. I will spend my dollars elsewhere.

Just to be sure you understand, I would rather eat dog shjt than eat at Mcdonald's but now the thought of a whopper makes me ill. Thank you for your time and best of luck to you.

Hope it helps.

hardballer out.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

I sent them one of the messages you guys posted and then my wife sent the other. They have my are so saturated that I think I will have to start visiting Wendy's instead as a general rule of thumb. Too difficult to distinguish them apart. Or maybe I should just start going to the drive throughs and prior toplacing my order ask them if they are heartland owned.If they say yes just reply "OK I will take my business to a more patriotic business" and drive off. That will help me determine if I want to spend my money there.

Post imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
    Or maybe I should just start going to the drive throughs and prior to*placing my order ask them if they are heartland owned.**If they say yes just reply "OK I will take my business to a more patriotic business" and drive off.* That will help me determine if I want to spend my money there.
    That is a great idea. It will eventually have an impact. The more folks that ask the better. I will start doing that too.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

Time to picket a Burger King ? will it help ?
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    We are investigating all roads and would prefer to try diplomacy at this time.

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    Time to picket a Burger King ?* will it help ?
    What? No blazing torches and pitchforks? Angry mobs are very effective.

Post imported post

Heartland Wisconsin Burger Kings:

Ashland(1), Holmen(1), LaCrosse(2), Onalaska(1), Rhinelander(1), Wausau(3), Wisconsin Rapids(1), Marshfield(1)

Post imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
    Glock34 wrote:
    From what they are saying, both from Corporate & their Lawyer...they are saying get bent to us, so I think Diplomacy in this case, was dead on arrival & now a big waste of time. but...who am I , right......:?

being Diplomatic = Weakness, Just ask Obama. Diplomacy fails ALOT, WW2 Germany, Italy,Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, etc, etc, etc......

Post imported post

email sent.
    Jim Burgess
    NRA Lifetime

Post imported post

Email sent!
    The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast