• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heartland, WI is Anti Gun

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Time to picket a Burger King ? will it help ?
We are investigating all roads and would prefer to try diplomacy at this time.
From what they are saying, both from Corporate & their Lawyer...they are saying get bent to us, so I think Diplomacy in this case, was dead on arrival & now a big waste of time. but...who am I , right......:?

being Diplomatic = Weakness, Just ask Obama:lol:. Diplomacy fails ALOT, WW2 Germany, Italy,Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, etc, etc, etc......

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
From what they are saying, both from Corporate & their Lawyer...they are saying get bent to us, so I think Diplomacy in this case, was dead on arrival & now a big waste of time. but...who am I , right......:?

being Diplomatic = Weakness, Just ask Obama:lol:. Diplomacy fails ALOT, WW2 Germany, Italy,Japan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, etc, etc, etc......
One could say the same thing about Woodmans. They stated their policy clearly and that it wouldn't be changed. We used diplomacy and they changed the policy.

Let's give it a try.

Thanks for the letter sent thus far, keep them going.

SAK

imported post

My corporate point of contact is out of the office until Friday. I tried to see if I could get in touch with someone else because this seemed pretty urgent. I've left a message, so we'll see if someone gets back to me. If not, then I can hopefully get in touch with my original contact on Friday.

I'm really hoping we can resolve this by working with them. I'd ask that everyone hold off until at least the end of next week (5/14). If at that point things aren't resolved, then a boycott is likely warranted. But I'm hopeful that things can be fixed because I really think this is just a misunderstanding. I don't think it's their intention to discriminate against a group of customers.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SAK wrote:
My corporate point of contact is out of the office until Friday. I tried to see if I could get in touch with someone else because this seemed pretty urgent. I've left a message, so we'll see if someone gets back to me. If not, then I can hopefully get in touch with my original contact on Friday.

I'm really hoping we can resolve this by working with them. I'd ask that everyone hold off until at least the end of next week (5/14). If at that point things aren't resolved, then a boycott is likely warranted. But I'm hopeful that things can be fixed because I really think this is just a misunderstanding. I don't think it's their intention to discriminate against a group of customers.
Little confused here: Thought you talked with their attorney and he stated the policy would stand.

If I'm wrong, then my misunderstanding and I hope you will set me straight.

If he did state the policy would stand, then we should inundate them with emails, letter, phone calls, etc, shouldn't we?

Either way, as Spartacus posted, we were specifically told not to return. So for the ones in La Crosse County, their position was made absolutely clear, we don't want you here!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

One could say the same thing about Woodmans. They stated their policy clearly and that it wouldn't be changed. We used diplomacy and they changed the policy.

Let's give it a try.

Thanks for the letter sent thus far, keep them going.
Woodmans , made an about face within 24 hours, too & the Owner of Woodman's was really decent about it. Dispatching an OC policy memo to his stores almost immediately.

SAK

imported post

bnh, that was definitely their stance after our first phone call. Although it was positive that their attorney did finally relax and listen to everything I had to say. So I would say some progress was made.

By all means I think people should let them very politely and respectfully know that we would appreciate it if they did not discriminate against us. We would appreciate it if they would defer to state law and not put themselves in the middle of this issue.

I'd like a little extra time to try to clear this misunderstanding up though before a full boycott is called for. If we can't clear it up soon then I would agree that a boycott is needed and perhaps some old fashioned open carry awareness.

Maybe McDonald's or Wendy's would loan us some t-shirts/hats and we could stand outside the Booger King open carrying :)

But let's try to be polite and diplomatic first. "They know not what they do"

Lthrnck

imported post

One minor word of advise...

Don't wear the McDonald's or Wendy's t-shirts, unless they have something that indicates they are in support of your cause (which I'm sure they won't).

This will confuse people as to who your protesting against, even if your standing in front of the BK...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, IF it comes to an outright protest, The Wisconsin Carry people will be wearing Wisconsin Carry shirts.

No ambiguity there as to who is protesting, or why, but as SAK indicated, we aren't there yet so, just keep those emails going to them and get all your friends to do the same.

Captain Nemo

imported post

Some clarification needed. Is our "beef" with Burger King Corp and other franchises or with only the franchises owned by Heartland Food Corporation.

My understanding is that Burger King Corporation's gun policy is to follow state law.

There are 11.800 Burger king Restraunts world wide. Heartland Food Corporation owns 257 franchises in the U.S. Burger king Corp. has about 1200. The rest are owned by independant franchisees.

It would be unfair to boycott all Burger kings because of thegun policy of one franchise holder yet that is the cry that is going out on some sites. For example the Burger King in Baldwin is not affiliated with Heartland Foods. It should not be held accountable for Heartland Foods gun policy.

bnhcomputing we need some guidance here. Maybe even a list of those Heartland Foods Burger Kings that we may want to avoid.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:
Some clarification needed. Is our "beef" with Burger King Corp and other franchises or with only the franchises owned by Heartland Food Corporation.

My understanding is that Burger King Corporation's gun policy is to follow state law.

There are 11.800 Burger king Restraunts world wide. Heartland Food Corporation owns 257 franchises in the U.S. Burger king Corp. has about 1200. The rest are owned by independant franchisees.

It would be unfair to boycott all Burger kings because of thegun policy of one franchise holder yet that is the cry that is going out on some sites. For example the Burger King in Baldwin is not affiliated with Heartland Foods. It should not be held accountable for Heartland Foods gun policy.

bnhcomputing we need some guidance here. Maybe even a list of those Heartland Foods Burger Kings that we may want to avoid.
THIS >> a list of those Heartland Foods Burger Kings that we may want to avoid.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Captain Nemo wrote:

Our BEEF so to speak with with Heartland Food Corporation ONLY at this time.

As part of the OP:

I am including a link to their store locator: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/restaurant_locator.aspx So you can see WHICH Burger King stores infringe on your rights.

As there are many other options available for fast food, I would encourage you to take your hard earned money to one of their competitors and avoid the Burger King facilities owned by Heartland Wisconsin. If you would like to contact their corporate office to express your concern over this policy here is the corporate contact info:

Heartland Food Corporate Office
1400 Opus Place, Suite 900
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Corporate Office (630) 598-3300

There is also an EMail option on the following page: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/contact_us.aspx

M

McX

imported post

well, if i read my commercials right; they don't need guns at burger king, since the king now has a fancy new armor suit like iron man. wonder if he'll use that suit to protect his staff, and customers?