• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heartland, WI is Anti Gun

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

A few years after I retired I was moving a warehouse of X-ray images for a friend. The owner's agent was a funny and sweet AA guy that went on an on about why Harlan Sanders' Kentucky Fried Chicken had become KFC. "Pieces' parts fused" was at the center of the spiel. I wasn't eating much fast food then but less afterwards. Popeyes was the worst - they didn't even cook their chicken, just dipped it in grease, flour coated and flash fried the coating. Their patrons would walk out with grease running off their elbows.

The big advantage of moving film is that an inch thick handful weighs more than 25# I was shooting a lot then and developed a killer grip - and repetitive strain injury, carpal and ulnar damage syndromes.

SAK

imported post

OK, that attorney from BK corporate called me back. I explained the whole situation to her and told her we were trying to work things out with Heartland but that we also wanted to see if BK has a corporate police in regards to discrimination against firearms owners. She is going to look into it.

She thanked me for calling her before anything major (like a big public boycott) happened. She promised to get back to me in the next 1-2 days and let me know what BK's policy is. She said she would probably also talk to Heartland and see if things can be worked out.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The goal here is still to make some real progress at having a dialogue about this before the end of the week. I have a lot of messages out there now so we should see them coming back and something moving towards a resolution. If for some reason we run into a brick wall and don't get anywhere by the end of the week, then I personally would be behind a full blown boycott campaign. I am assuming the other ICarry directors would have no problem with this.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I had a LONG conversation with BK corporate offices in Florida. I was informed that the BK corporate police was the same as Starbucks, Walmart, etc. and that is to abide by state/local laws. The gentleman I spoke with you gave me the Heartland corporate contact information assured me three times, that corporate BK has no policy.

It will be interesting to see if the story changes.

AaronS

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
I had a LONG conversation with BK corporate offices in Florida. I was informed that the BK corporate police was the same as Starbucks, Walmart, etc. and that is to abide by state/local laws. The gentleman I spoke with you gave me the Heartland corporate contact information assured me three times, that corporate BK has no policy.

It will be interesting to see if the story changes.
Wow, this is getting good. So will corporate be talking to Hartland about this? I can't wait to hear what you come up with now.

SAK

imported post

This definitely is interesting.

The big question still remains: Will corporate BK ensure that their franchisees A) do not discriminate against law-abiding firearms owners and B) do not create policies that prevent customers from being responsible for their own safety (BK isn't willing to take responsibility for our safety...so they'd better not prevent us from being responsible ourselves).

I will let you know when the lady I spoke to gets back to me.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I got the impression from BK in Florida that although BK had no policy, they let each of their franchise corps set their OWN policy.

I didn't ask SAK's question about if corporate has an anti discrimination policy that ALL franchises would have to follow.

Support The 2nd

imported post

DEFINE IRONY

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_59d7c3da-6b98-11df-bde7-001cc4c002e0.html

ONALASKA - Police confirmed Saturday that a robbery took place earlier in the morning at the Burger King, 1259 Crossing Meadows Drive.

Police said the suspects were at-large but would not say if or how much money was taken. No other information was released Saturday night, and no Onalaska police supervisor was available for comment.
This IS a Hartland, WI store. I guess it's out to the criminals that the Heartland stores are SAFE places to learn the trade.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Sweet Justice lowers its gavel. No matter if they change their minds or not I still wouldn't patronize their stores after the way they and their legal counsel treated the members here. There are plenty of places to get a burger and i am sure with this great weather we are having many will just grill their own.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
DEFINE IRONY

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/news/local/article_59d7c3da-6b98-11df-bde7-001cc4c002e0.html

ONALASKA - Police confirmed Saturday that a robbery took place earlier in the morning at the Burger King, 1259 Crossing Meadows Drive.

Police said the suspects were at-large but would not say if or how much money was taken. No other information was released Saturday night, and no Onalaska police supervisor was available for comment.
This IS a Hartland, WI store. I guess it's out to the criminals that the Heartland stores are SAFE places to learn the trade.
"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, ARMED INTRUDERS don't upset us........" :p

Cobra469

imported post

Don't know but my local BK is getting tired of me. Guess they dont like when I ask if they are hartland owned when I pass through their drive thru. They like it even less when I yell I don't support businesses who won't support the Constitution and drive off. I know that has to raise some questions for the other cars in line.

LaCrosseKevin

imported post

Cobra469 wrote:
I know that has to raise some questions for the other cars in line.
Yes,
1.Is that guy crazy?
2.Did he think this was his pharmacy?
3.Why do you want to open carry in your car when that is not allowed?

anyway ....

Seems a bit odd man ... I doubt the person wearing the headset gives 2 shits if you want to carry or not, hell, half the time they can't even give me extra pickles, when that's their friggin job!

:lol:

Cobra469

imported post

Maybe but I am sure the managers are all to familiar with why. And I am sure the district managers have heard as well. Word will travel up. As far as OC in a car goes, that is not the issue. It is their support of our constitution. If they can't support our constitution then they get no business regardless if the rights they trample onapplies to their drive thru or not. The drive thru is just a means of choosing whether or not to choose to do business. If I am told no they are not a hartland store then I go ahead and place my order. So far 4 have been and 1 was not. And if their managers didn't care we wouldn't have a problem carrying. But obviusly they care more than you think about the guns and less about your food.