• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Befire Its News - Wall Street Journal's Nancy Dewolf Smith lost her mind over open carry

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/39214/The_Left_Has_Lost_Their_Mind_Over_Guns.html

SNIP

Given that it's a rather slow news day with the Euro slowly slipping into the abyss as the ECB will now accept used dog food as collateral, I find time to take on Nancy Dewolf Smith who opined in the WSJthis lastFriday:

Like a fly on a birthday cake, the subject of open carry—legally wearing a gun in public—keeps landing in the news and nobody can swat it down. Those who would like to be rid of it range from some of the most ardent gun-controllers to some of the fiercest believers in the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Many of the latter live in the 43 states where it already is legal to openly wear a handgun (although rules vary about whether it can be loaded, etc.). That the majority of people who could walk around outfitted for the OK Corral choose not to do so ought to be a hint that the minority who are most eager to force open carry on the rest of us might belong in a special category of bozos.

. . .
Nancy would seem to be acquainted with the general principle of these rights, given that she has the right to spout off absolute nonsense about firearms in general and the lawful keeping and bearing of them in particular.

But like so many on the left, Nancy only believes in Constitutional Rights when she is the one exercising them.

. . .

eye95

imported post

That the majority of people who could walk around outfitted for the OK Corral choose not to do so ought to be a hint that the minority who are most eager to force open carry on the rest of us might belong in a special category of bozos.
Or, it could be an indication that the American public is still generally unaware that OC is legal in the large majority of States.

Name-calling is beneath the dignity of anyone who wants their opinion valued.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Quote Nancy deWolf Smith:

"The latter can be so annoying that at some demented level it is possible to imagine the appeal of strolling the aisles at, say, a Whole Foods store, squeezing free-range chicken and bagging edamame with a Hammerli 208S target pistol on display."

Now, I don't know about you folks, but there is no better feeling in the whole wide world like the feeling of walking around the grocery store and squeezing on sum of dem there free-range chickens and packing some heat!

Seriously, this woman is obviously ignorant and extremely terrified of what to her, is the unknown.:banghead:

I was thinking of getting some T-Shirts made that say:

OpenCarry.Org

"Does the concealment of my firearm make you feel more safe and comfortable?"

Overtaxed

imported post

eye95 wrote:

Interesting that you'd say that. I was looking at some Flickr pictures of the Second Amendment March and the OC rally at Gravelly Point. Lots of comments from the "artsy intelligentsia" types that were little more than schoolyard-style namecalling.

eye95

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
eye95 wrote:

Interesting that you'd say that. I was looking at some Flickr pictures of the Second Amendment March and the OC rally at Gravelly Point. Lots of comments from the "artsy intelligentsia" types that were little more than schoolyard-style namecalling.
And I think it is safe to say that you do not value their opinion.

Dreamer

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
Lots of comments from the "artsy intelligentsia" types that were little more than schoolyard-style namecalling.

Hey... As an Masters in Fine Arts grad student, and a MENSA member, I resemble that remark... ;)

Not ALL "artsy intelligencia" types are brain-dead anti's. Some of us actually can and have read the Constitution, and understand it, and CHERISH it.

Anyway, back to the OP...

I don't know about you guys, but when I buy fresh chicken in the grocery store, I try to handle it as little as possible. Gotta thing about not wanting to get Salmonella...

And what sort of person would carry a Hammerli 208s as a Self-defense arm anyway? They are big, bulky, can only be fired with the dominant hand, and besides, I don't think ANYONE makes a "factory" holster for the thing. I know for a fact you can't get a "retention holster" for a Hammerli target pistol. And it's only a .22lr anyway. It's one thing to use a .22lr as a BUG, but I can't think of anyone who would even consider one of these for a primary SD gun...

Now, if they made them in .45acp, that would be a different story...:celebrate

Overtaxed

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Overtaxed wrote:
eye95 wrote:

And I think it is safe to say that you do not value their opinion.
When the remarks are basically "that guy is fat" referring to overweight participants in the march, then yes, I don't value that opinion at all. It's barely an opinion, just schoolyard name-calling.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I find the problem with folks like this in many cases other than fear is their hubris.

They know better and everyone elsethat doesnot agree are just idiots and beneath them, so those contradicting opinions don't matter.

I have seen this even on the so called "pro-gun" folks she no doubtrefers to in her comments. At least they have that in common.