• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heartland, WI is Anti Gun

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/43490.html

Ladies and gentlemen:

Heartland Wisconsin, an Illinois based Corporation, has verified that they have a NO FIREARMS policy. There are no signs in the stores, but they can and will discriminate against those who choose to exercise their right to carry. Both Wisconsin Carry, Inc. and ICarry officials have verified that this is and will continue to be their policy.

I am including a link to their store locator: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/restaurant_locator.aspx So you can see WHICH Burger King stores infringe on your rights.

As there are many other options available for fast food, I would encourage you to take your hard earned money to one of their competitors and avoid the Burger King facilities owned by Heartland Wisconsin. If you would like to contact their corporate office to express your concern over this policy here is the corporate contact info:

Heartland Food Corporate Office
1400 Opus Place, Suite 900
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Corporate Office (630) 598-3300

There is also an EMail option on the following page: http://www.heartlandfoodcorp.com/contact_us.aspx

Feel free to share this information on any and all other forums you may belong to. If you have fiends, relatives, or neighbors who work at one of their facilities, respectfully request they seek alternative employment with an employer who does not have a pre-existing prejudice against those who carry.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

According the map I am seeing they own a BUNCH in Evansville and Terre Haute.

So based on where which BK you visit it might or might not be one of theirs.

Confusing enough that I am just not visiting any more BK stores.

protias

imported post

You think if BK hears from enough of us that they'll pull this owner's out? One can hope!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At this point, I think everybody is contacting the PARTICULAR owner, not BK corporate. The time may come where that is necessary, but I would hope THIS franchise owner adopts a new policy

orion8

imported post

DarkRose wrote:
Or the one in Columbus. Appears the only one they do own in the state is on the East side of Indianapolis, according to their map.
Actually there's quite a few up here in northwest Indiana, not sure if you consider us as "part of the state" or not.

DarkRose

imported post

Well something must have been screwey on my map then (accessing at work) because I zoomed out to show about a 4 or 5 state area and only saw the one marker, so it appears to be a technical glitch on my end.

Ah! Tinkered with it some more and lo and behold they were everywhere... Good thing I tend not to eat at BK.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

ONALASKA -- Onalaska police confirmed today that a robbery took place earlier this morning at Burger King, 1259 Crossing Meadows Drive. Police said the suspects were at-large, but would not say if or how much money was taken. No other information was released.
So, how is that gun free zone working out for ya Mr. Wiborg?