• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really bad LEO encounter!

Slidell Jim

imported post

55bowtie wrote:
So you going back tomorrow ? Try it again?Take MEM with you.
I would agree 50%, you should have returned (you need that coke and chip for survival) And don't take MEM with you, take a voice recorder instead. Voice recorders don't talk back, only play back.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
You need to go to your local police dept and talk to to commander, also the D.A.s office if you have one were you live, do you have the email of your local police so we can send an email in your support? ANYONE who talks about RIGHTS does not know what they are talking about until they have experienced something like this encounter!

Saint Francisville Chief of Police Scott Ford : sfpdchief@bellsouth.net

Are you asking us to contact him about this? Saint Francisville is a pretty small town.Do you know the guy personally or perhaps your parents know the guy?. If so, a friendly talk about the consequences of violating someone's civil rights under the color of authority might be in order.

Tell him to call the Gonzales PD and ask about Mark's suit against them. They agreed to an out of court settlement, probably to avoid facing the federal charges that would have been possible against them.

Specifically mention U.S. CODE > TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 242

§ 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000242----000-.htmlThe penalties in that law range from a small finewith 1 year in prison up to the death penalty, depending on the severity of the case.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
You need to go to your local police dept and talk to to commander, also the D.A.s office if you have one were you live, do you have the email of your local police so we can send an email in your support? ANYONE who talks about RIGHTS does not know what they are talking about until they have experienced something like this encounter!

Saint Francisville Chief of Police Scott Ford : sfpdchief@bellsouth.net

Are you asking us to contact him about this?  Saint Francisville is a pretty small town.  Do you know the guy personally or perhaps your parents know the guy?.  If so, a friendly talk about the consequences of violating someone's civil rights under the color of authority might be in order. 

Tell him to call the Gonzales PD and ask about Mark's suit against them.  They agreed to an out of court settlement, probably to avoid facing the federal charges that would have been possible against them. 

Specifically mention U.S. CODE > TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 13 > § 242

§ 242. Deprivation of rights under color of law  http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000242----000-.htmlThe penalties in that law range from a small fine with 1 year in prison up to the death penalty, depending on the severity of the case.
Unfortunately, I only know people that work for the Sheriff's Department since I grew up in the country, outside of municipal limits, my parents might have known the Chief. They live out of state though. I posted his email because somebody asked me to post it.

sraacke

imported post

Everyone who recommend that he contact the Chief, Read the POST. The Cheif was there and was the one who disarmed him and frisked him. Do you really think a complaint to the chief is going to do any good?

Nikki_Black wrote:
Four more cars come around the corner, including the effing CHIEF OF POLICE! The chief proceeds to disarm me, and frisk me. I've told them all multiple times by then that I am completely within the law by doing what I was.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

yale wrote:
Everyone who recommend that he contact the Chief, Read the POST.  The Cheif was there and was the one who disarmed him and frisked him.  Do you really think a complaint to the chief is going to do any good?

Nikki_Black wrote:
Four more cars come around the corner, including the effing CHIEF OF POLICE! The chief proceeds to disarm me, and frisk me. I've told them all multiple times by then that I am completely within the law by doing what I was.
I think an OC picnic is in order.
Open Carry is not forbidden by Municipal codes, nor is OC in the park. Anybody in the areas around me, who wants to have an OC picnic?

estcrh

imported post

yale wrote:
Everyone who recommend that he contact the Chief, Read the POST.  The Cheif was there and was the one who disarmed him and frisked him.  Do you really think a complaint to the chief is going to do any good?

Nikki_Black wrote:
Letting the police know that they are being WATCHED and TALKED ABOUT online will make a difference. Write to the police and back this young man up!!! Thats the least everyone can do here...shine a light on the problem.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

If you do write, remember to be firm but polite - it goes farther with these types of situations than going into furious rage, which often gets one lumped in the "looney" category.

Aside to yale: I saw that the Chief was one of the folks there. Having Nikki let him know that there are consequences for misuse of his officeis just as important as reporting the bad behavior of junior officers.

firefighter9158

imported post

Just finished writing a long letter to the Chief myself. I'll let everyone know if he replies. (sent it to his e-mail i got on here)

estcrh

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
If you do write, remember to be firm but polite - it goes farther with these types of situations than going into furious rage, which often gets one lumped in the "looney" category.

Aside to yale: I saw that the Chief was one of the folks there.  Having Nikki let him know that there are consequences for misuse of his office is just as important as reporting the bad behavior of junior officers.
Here is a link to Marks case...this might be a good thing to send along with an email>>>> http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/27706824.html

estcrh

imported post

backdraft522 wrote:
Just finished writing a long letter to the Chief myself. I'll let everyone know if he replies. (sent it to his e-mail i got on here)
I just sent an email also, included a link to this forum and invited the police to respond ( would not bet on that) and I included a link to what happened to mark and I described my own experience open carrying in New Orleans.

estcrh

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Thanks for all of your support guys.
I wasn't joking about that OC picnic! :lol:
I just received a reply to my email...I hope this will solve any problems..
Eric, this young man is certainly able to open carry his firearm. The Officers in Town understand this and are aware of him doing so. This is a small community and some people were alarmed and disturbed. We identified the young man and allowed him to be on his way. I very much support his rights to open carry his weapon.

Sincerely,
Scott Ford
I am amazed at the fast and concise answer to my email..

georg jetson

imported post

estcrh wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:
Eric, this young man is certainly able to open carry his firearm. The Officers in Town understand this and are aware of him doing so. This is a small community and some people were alarmed and disturbed. We identified the young man and allowed him to be on his way. I very much support his rights to open carry his weapon.

Sincerely,
Scott Ford
We will work this from ALL sides... Bravo Mr. estcrh!!!!

estcrh

imported post

estcrh wrote:
Nikki_Black wrote:

Sincerely,
Scott Ford
On a side note..when I emailed the commander of the 8th dist police, Major Hosli and his second in command Lt Selby on their views on my right to open carry neither man replied to my emails even thought they openly told residents to email them with any problems they might have.

I had to go to neighborhood meetings and force the issue in front of a crowd of people...after I made my desire to open carry known at these local meetings several of my neighbors stated on a nola.com forum that they would call 911 and report me as an armed man walking around their neighborhood every time they saw me open carrying. This is why I got my concealed permit..out of concern that some sort of situation would happen.