• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet in Greater Charlotte area?

anyamaboy

imported post

I actually live in the Shelby area, but wouldn't mind coming as far as the Charlotte area for an OC meet sometime. I haven't seen too many people from this side of Charlotte on here, but I thought I would just throw it out there...

***edit to post meet info

June 19th, 2010 at 1800(6pm)
Cracker Barrel
1821 Remount Road
Gastonia, NC 28054-7413
(704) 866-7069

So far in attendance:
AndrewGWU
Sam (+1)
TheFreeman
Anyamaboy
southernreign (+2)
JDriver1.8t

TheFreeman

imported post

Something closer to home would be great!

There is a Cracker Barrel just a few miles up the road from Concord Mills. Right off the interstate and easy to get to. Traffic coming from the south shouldn't be an issue unless it is a week day around 5PM or race week. May race is coming up!

1175 Copperfield Boulevard Northeast, Concord, NC‎ - (704) 792-0277‎

AndrewGWU

imported post

I am very close by.... I live in Ellenboro. I am up for anything in the general area.

anyamaboy

imported post

I created a map on google maps showing where we are generally speaking so we can have an idea where the others are located. Should I post the invite link on here or is there somewhere else that is already doing this?

Sam

imported post

Somewhere near here would be great! Shelby is not too far. =)

I'm very excite!

TheFreeman

imported post

Alright, well lets nail down the location and then a date and we can get this rolling. Looks like we have enough interest to make this happen.

Do we want to try this Cracker Barrel:

Or do we want to move it some where else? This location is pretty easy and right off the interstate 85 and up the road from Lowes Motor Speedway and Concord Mills if someone was looking to make it a day trip. Not sure what their OC policy is though.

Maybe late May, early April?

anyamaboy

imported post

indykappa wrote:
i may be available...depending on date/time

i don't have a "high quality" holsters (just a nylon, thumb-snap cheapo)...are you guys going to make fun of me?!

:?
I currently don't own a pistol...but I plan to probably in a week or 2...college...

anyamaboy

imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
Alright, well lets nail down the location and then a date and we can get this rolling. Looks like we have enough interest to make this happen.

Do we want to try this Cracker Barrel:

Or do we want to move it some where else? This location is pretty easy and right off the interstate 85 and up the road from Lowes Motor Speedway and Concord Mills if someone was looking to make it a day trip. Not sure what their OC policy is though.

Maybe late May, early April?
I've noticed at least 3 of us on the west side of Charlotte. Either we could car pool, or try something in Gastonia...there is a Cracker Barrel in Gastonia, and one in West Charlotte any other suggestions/opinions for locations?
What meal/time? breakfast, lunch or supper, and when?
I'll be in Raleigh next week, but the following week I'll be back and most anything should work.

If you guys know anybody else on here that could come you might try shooting them a PM.

indykappa, what's your location?

Here's my link to the google map. I don't have access to the meetup site right now because of strict internet filtering. You should be able to add/modify your location if you want.
I've shared a map with you called OC meet:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104737713467440742926.000485ce14c60cb084c80

*edited to fix link

AndrewGWU

imported post

anyamaboy wrote
I've noticed at least 3 of us on the west side of Charlotte. Either we could car pool, or try something in Gastonia...there is a Cracker Barrel in Gastonia, and one in West Charlotte any other suggestions/opinions for locations?
What meal/time? breakfast, lunch or supper, and when?
I'll be in Raleigh next week, but the following week I'll be back and most anything should work.

[align=left]Cracker Barrel is a good place most eveyone seems to like that doesn't serve alcohol. Also, if anyone in the east gastonia or west charlotte area is familier with any mom and pop resturarnts that are good, these also typically don't serve alcohol and usually provide great food. I am not that familiar with the area. It would probably be a good idea to call ahead and check with smaller restaurants just to ensure they would welcome a group of OCers if it is not somewhere one of us typically OCs at.

I suggest supper since most people would be able to come at that time since we have people traveling.
[/align]

Sam

imported post

I really hope I can make it, I work a crazy schedule and on top of that I work nights.

I'm off this weekend, work the 14th, 15th, 16th..off the 21st..work the 28th.. off the 4th....

=-O I'm off the 4th?! Woo HOO!

TheFreeman

imported post

I'd be up for a meet in Gastoina as long as I'm not busy the weekend we try to do it. :p

Would anyone be opposed to tentatively setting a date for June 12th or maybe 19th? That would give everyone plenty of time to work out their schedules and hopefully we can get a few more people on board with this.

Sam

imported post

So what's going on with this? 19th sound good to everyone?

(bump in disguise)