• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet in Greater Charlotte area?

anyamaboy

imported post

ok, so June 19th, 2010 at 1800(6pm)
Cracker Barrel
1821 Remount Road
Gastonia, NC 28054-7413
(704) 866-7069

Do we need to call ahead to let them know we're coming? I read someone else did that for their OC meet.

So far in attendance:
AndrewGWU
Sam (+2)
TheFreeman
Anyamaboy
JDriver1.8t

anyone else?

*edit to add numbers in attendance

Juggernaut

imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure the manager is aware of it. Otherwise they might think it is an invasion! :lol:
Only thing I've done in the past is call ahead to make sure they have room for a large group. No need to ask what we may wear :quirky

Sam

imported post

Juggernaut wrote:
TheFreeman wrote:
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure the manager is aware of it. Otherwise they might think it is an invasion! :lol:
Only thing I've done in the past is call ahead to make sure they have room for a large group. No need to ask what we may wear :quirky
Yes, I don't think anything like that should be mentioned. No need to ask for permission to do something legal.

I might be +2.

anyamaboy

imported post

Sam wrote:
Juggernaut wrote:
TheFreeman wrote:
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure the  manager is aware of it. Otherwise they might think it is an invasion! :lol:
Yes, I don't think anything like that should be mentioned. No need to ask for permission to do something legal. 

I might be +2.

I have a friend that used to work there, and he told me that he saw people carrying in there a few times and the manager talked to them to make sure they were legal after someone complained, but left them alone otherwise.
I just realized I might be +1

anyamaboy

imported post

I mentioned in an earlier post that I didn't have a handgun...
That will only be true another few days, because I just got my PPP approved today, and I ordered a Blued Ruger P95 from Budsgunshop.com. I'm just waiting for it to come in and hope to have it suited up by the time of the OC meet.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

P.S. Anybody have any holster suggestions? So far I'm looking at a fobus RU97.

anyamaboy

imported post

indykappa wrote:
(as i sit in my hotel in winston-salem...)  i hope someone took pics!!
If the OC meet was supposed to be tonight, I missed it...
I think the meet is actually June 19th, not May 19th (see TheFreeman's post from May 6th 10:01am)

The 19th is a Saturday, will you be able to make it?

TheFreeman

imported post

Sorry guys, that's June 19th. I wanted to make sure everyone had enough lead time to clear out their schedule.

anyamaboy, do you think you could edit your first post and put the meet information there and a attentive list of individuals going?

anyamaboy

imported post

TheFreeman wrote:
Sorry guys, that's June 19th. I wanted to make sure everyone had enough lead time to clear out their schedule.

anyamaboy, do you think you could edit your first post and put the meet information there and a attentive list of individuals going?

Done. Sorry about the confusion guys.

anyamaboy

imported post

I've been OCing around the house and neighborhood today. I had to go to Walmart to buy some ammo, but I chickened out and left it in the car. What's the use of carrying an unloaded firearm, anyways?