Thread: LTCF question

Post imported post

OK I am in VA and have a valid permit. Would I need to get LTCF just for Philly or does the permit do the same thing. May be traveling there soon and trying to get my ducks in a row. From the PA open carry site I look like I may be good but wanted to check if anyone knows?

Post imported post

LTCF = License to Carry Firearms is just PA's version of VA CHP

Your VA CHP is honored throughout the state....nothing special needed for Philadelphia.

States don’t have rights. People do.

Post imported post

mrjam2jab wrote:
    LTCF = License to Carry Firearms is just PA's version of VA CHP

Your VA CHP is honored throughout the state....nothing special needed for Philadelphia.

Other than what they think they need I am guessing from reading this forum

Post imported post

Although your VA permit is recognized in PA, even in a "City of the First Class" like Philly that has it's own special restrictions, getting a PA LTCF is relatively easy if you already have a VA CHP.

Contact Sheriff Nau in Centre County PA. His office has an excellent reputation for issuing non-resident permits. I got mine VERY quickly. Most folks get theirs in less than two weeks...

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

Having the PA LTCF card will probably make things easier for you if you get hassled in Philly. For the price ($26) it's practically a no-brainer for anyone who travels through PA from other states. I wish the VA non-res permits were that affordable...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

Dreamer wrote:
    Although your VA permit is recognized in PA, even in a "City of the First Class" like Philly that has it's own special restrictions, getting a PA LTCF is relatively easy if you already have a VA CHP.

Contact Sheriff Nau in Centre County PA. His office has an excellent reputation for issuing non-resident permits. I got mine VERY quickly. Most folks get theirs in less than two weeks...

http://www.co.centre.pa.us/sheriff/l...pplication.asp

Having the PA LTCF card will probably make things easier for you if you get hassled in Philly. For the price ($26) it's practically a no-brainer for anyone who travels through PA from other states. I wish the VA non-res permits were that affordable...

You and me both.
    States don’t have rights. People do.