• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign wants you to write your Senators

ufcfanvt

imported post

URGENT: E-Mail Your U.S. Senators Today!
Don't Sacrifice D.C.'s Gun Laws and Threaten Public Safety

Dear Brady Campaign Member,

Very soon, the U.S. Senate could consider dangerous legislation, S. 3265, that would repeal the strong gun laws in our Nation's Capital.

This will put everyone who lives or visits here — our families, and friends, as well as tourists from around the world — at great risk!

Click here to e-mail your U.S. Senators today!

Urge them to "Oppose S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the gun laws in our Nation's Capital."

Please act today to help us protect public safety and homeland security.

The legislation, sponsored by Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Senator Jon Tester (D-MT), would strip the democratically elected D.C. City Council of its authority to pass gun laws to protect its citizens. It would also repeal virtually all of D.C.'s strong gun laws.

Repealing Washington, D.C.'s court-approved gun laws would threaten the safety of residents, those who work here, and visitors from all over the world. At a time when terrorists continue to look for ways to attack our nation, this amendment would be reckless and irresponsible.

Please e-mail your Senators as soon as possible and forward this e-mail to friends. Your Senators need to hear from people who support sensible gun laws immediately!

Thanks for all you do to prevent gun violence.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Here's what I would write if I were you:

Subject: SUPPORT S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the gun laws in our Nation's Capital.
I received this from the Brady Campaign. I don't like the Brady Campaign. I like guns. I'm from [Your State Here]. I love to vote.
Thank you.
[Your Name Here]

G

imported post

mash complete series
Ally McBeal
Friends Complete Series

--Deactivated--

Dreamer

imported post

I pray for the day when Paul Helmke is brought up on Federal charges for fraud, falsifying a government document, and weapons trafficking based on his falsely-obtained FFL.

And if not that, I pray that he will someday go "Carl Rowan" on some local thug, and have his hypocritical face plastered all over the media.

Calls were already made to my Senators last week...

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
URGENT: E-Mail Your U.S. Senators Today!
Don't Sacrifice D.C.'s Gun Laws and Threaten Public Safety

Dear Brady Campaign Member,

Very soon, the U.S. Senate could consider dangerous legislation, S. 3265, that would repeal the strong gun laws in our Nation's Capital.

This will put everyone who lives or visits here — our families, and friends, as well as tourists from around the world — at great risk!

Click here to e-mail your U.S. Senators today!

Urge them to "Oppose S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the gun laws in our Nation's Capital."

Please act today to help us protect public safety and homeland security.

The legislation, sponsored by Senator John McCain (R-AZ) and Senator Jon Tester (D-MT), would strip the democratically elected D.C. City Council of its authority to pass gun laws to protect its citizens. It would also repeal virtually all of D.C.'s strong gun laws.

Repealing Washington, D.C.'s court-approved gun laws would threaten the safety of residents, those who work here, and visitors from all over the world. At a time when terrorists continue to look for ways to attack our nation, this amendment would be reckless and irresponsible.

Please e-mail your Senators as soon as possible and forward this e-mail to friends. Your Senators need to hear from people who support sensible gun laws immediately!

Thanks for all you do to prevent gun violence.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke, President
Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Here's what I would write if I were you:

Subject: SUPPORT S. 3265 and any other attempts to repeal the gun laws in our Nation's Capital.
I received this from the Brady Campaign. I don't like the Brady Campaign. I like guns. I'm from [Your State Here]. I love to vote.
Thank you.
[Your Name Here]
I'd recommend something like:

As your constituent, I urge your support for S.3265.

Over the May 1-2 weekend, four separate shootings occurred in Washington DC. Across the river, where self-defense is legal, none took place.

Please consider the safety of where you live and work.

S.3265 will go a long way toward allowing residents to be proactive and responsible for their own safety than reactive and relying on one of Chief Lanier's finest (to write the report).

It will also have a direct effect on my next vote.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Add a PS to stop the "Terrorist Loop Hole" backdoor gun control BS homeland
incompetence is pushing. After all they claim it is reasonable, so we know it is bad.

KansasMustang

imported post

I heard a news cast on the radio, yesterday I think. More BS about the "gunshow loophole" where you don't have to do an instant background check to buy a weapon. I call BS:banghead::banghead: at every gunshow I've ever gone to the "instant verify" call in was used.
Of course any deals in the parking lot buy individuals weren't checked but that happens any time any where.