• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet up in Rancho Rucamonga

RMafera

imported post

Howdy All,

I grew up in Rancho and now I live in San Diego for school. I was talking to my parents about open carry recently (they support it :)) and my mother said that she heard *somewhere* that Rancho Cucamonga has a city ordinance against openly carrying firearms. I check the municipal code and couldn't find anything, but I think it would be prudent to do some research and double check.

Also, there are A BUNCH of schools around Rancho (which is why I do not open carry when I go home) so be extra careful about checking for that.

RMafera

mrkyle

imported post

Thanks for your advice! I know there are tons of schools and a few post offices which prevent open carry in just about half of RC. I have contacted Rancho Cucamonga PD on 5/3/10 they said its legal. I did some searchers in the PC to and found nothing preventing firearms. So far so good:)

motorrad

imported post

Good friend of mine up there would be interested. He has no Internet. So name place and time. I'll act as middle communication?

mrkyle

imported post

I will be at the star bucks on the 14th 3:30pm just south form the 210 freeway.

I have checked for schools, there is one close by as long as we dont go past 19th and Carnelian St we will be ok.

I would be honored if some one double check.

8678 19th Street
Alta Loma, CA 91701-4559
(909) 481-2784