• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to meet at Olivette Starbucks

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I will be at the Starbucks inOlivette, open carrying this Sat, May 8th from 6pm till 7pm.Feel freeto join in, just say hi or come down to see if I get tackled by the local LEO's.Olivette is only OC legal with a CCW. I do not claim responsibility for any heart-ship joining me may or may not cause you. This is not an official gathering just a notice of my where abouts at that time on that day. If you would like to see the codes for Olivette just ask and I will post them.

Doc

Starbucks address is: 9200 Olive Blvd, #100, Olivette, MO 63132

DSCF2343.jpg

Superlite27

imported post

Hey Doc,

Just to clarify: The address you have posted for this location says "9200 Olive Blvd. #100...St. Louis, MO"

As OC is verboten in St. Louis proper, shouldn't the address say "Olivette, MO"?

Just wanting to clarify.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite,

The location of the Starbucks Is Within the City limits of Olivette. I acquired this info though yahoo maps and I have confirmed this through theOlivette'szoning map. http://www.olivettemo.com/Olivette doesn't even connect to St Louis city. Allot of address here in St Louis County will list as St Louis even though they are well outside the city.

Doc

nrepuyan

imported post

my work is in creve coeur...but as doc said...we use saint louis, mo as the addy instead of creve coeur, mo.

pretty sure the zip is what makes the cake?

lookin forward to it...nothin else ta do on the weekends. :D

Superlite27

imported post

Oh, I was 99.9% sure that Olivette was legal. A tiny part of me said, "Huh? St. Louis? It's on the west side of 170!?!" (They do have little unincorporated chunks of St. Louis in random places) I just wanted to clarify things for anyone else who might want to join us and could possibly been a little put off by seeing"St. Louis" listed in the address.

Count me in, as usual. These OC get togethers have been great. Meeting such cool and interesting people is always enjoyable.

Plus, I don't want to miss out on our first "encounter". I thought we may have had one last week, but it turned out pretty uneventful.

Edit: Good catch

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite,

I would say we had 2 encountered with Leo's last week. IMHO Both were aware (one even stared) of the 6 OC citizens and Neither cared enough to question why there were so many people OC there or the OC movement in other states is starting to desensitize the localLEO's to OC.

Doc

nrepuyan

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
Superlite,

I would say we had 2 encountered with Leo's last week. IMHO Both were aware (one even stared) of the 6 OC citizens and Neither cared enough to question why there were so many people OC there or the OC movement in other states is starting to desensitize the local LEO's to OC.

Doc

one can only hope they are coming off their high horses.

cash50

imported post

Is Olivette cool with open carrying of long guns??

What about bazookas?

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Cash50,

I do not believe there are any long gun restrictions with a CCW (other than in parks and city buildings) in Olivette"s ordinances. Feel free to reed them for yourself at http://www.olivettemo.com/. If you are planning on meeting up with me though. I would prefer no long guns please. A working bazooka would be federal and state violation. P.S. where you possibly on drugs to make such an odd statement.

Doc

goalseter88

imported post

lol i guessing( or atleast hoping) he was sarcastic about the bazooka. but i always thought about trying open carry of a long rifle and see if it also be tolerated. i really only once been asked to leave for my pistol. i guess springfields pretty tolerant of OC from my experience, though i havent been OCing long so i cant say i got a lot of experience.but i always thought about trying my AR-15.

zekester

imported post

Anyone from the St Charles area going?.....I sort of need a ride.....letting my son use my car for work....

Let me know...\

I would really like to go to this one.....if there was evergoing to be an "encounter" ...it will be inOlivette...

Zeke

Superlite27

imported post

if there was evergoing to be an "encounter" ...it will be inOlivette...

I would have bet on Clayton, myself, but it turned out to be really cool.

After all, a large percentage of the population from my hometown hangs out there.

Broondog

imported post

man it sucks that you guys do these meets on the weekends but i guess that's what i get for having an abnormal job (2nd shift wed-sun).

not that i like coffee or anything but i'd still go. STL CO is virgin territory for me.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Superlite,

I think everybody from last week is making it plus one more maybe. I tried to see about Big Mike picking up Zeke on his way in but he said he was bringing the motorcycle in.

Doc