• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA laws and laser/light attachments

CA_NewGunner

imported post

Im a new gun owner.. finally decided to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

I live in California, and there is some law that says you cannot conceal, obscure, destroy the serial number on a gun in CA. My question is on my Glock 17, if I was to put an accessory on the rail (laser, light, etc.) this would cover the serial number on the gun frame. How does that work with the requirement to have it visible (yes the serial number is also on the barrel and slide, but harder to read and you could by a new slide/barrel (i.e. converting to a 'compensated' model, etc.))

Thanks for your replies!

younggun20

imported post

I would suggest asking in the CA section, they specifically would know a little more than the general public

sureshot

imported post

New Gunner, there is a new laser out for all Glocks. I replaces your rear sights. I had one put on and it works great. Solid shine, pulse and it is good at night up to 500 feet. In your search box put. Laserlyte Rear Sight Laser. If you have a rear sight removal tool you can do it yourself.