• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

who gives oc a worse image?

Tony Santiago

imported post

after reading the old thread of the gangsta ocing, which style gives open carry a worse image?

guy 1)

Tyrone the Gangsta. he sports the doo rag, bandanna, baggy jeans that hang down to his knees, the long t shirt with gang logos on it, while doing the ghetto walk and talking with ebonics like a typical gangsta.

guy 2)

Bubba Trailer Trash. he sports the mullet, reeks of brute aftershave, wears jorts with holes in them, has bad razor burn on his neck, wears wife beaters (and actually probably beats his wife), and has a vocabulary of trailer park curse words.

which guy do you think would give oc a worse image for the public?

if you owned a business, which would you bother you more?

SigPacker

imported post

Depends on how nice they are - ive met some super cool do rag wearing gangsta lookalikes, polite, hold the door open and say sir... same with hippies! But then there are the rude, obnoxious, holier than thou types who do damage to the OC cause when mixed with this type of clothing - or any other type of clothing for that matter... you could be a gay liberal wearing a suit and tie with an OC rig and be rude and obnoxious and it would hurt the cause.

Its not the clothing so much as it is the wearer... but on the same note - even if you're not wearing a gun, if what you wear might make others cross the street to avoid you... wearing a firearm might be cause for more alarm to those people.

Glock17

imported post

WellI think even if you dress nice someone could freak out and think your a terrorist and call the cops in a panic. People don't know they have rights in this country. They think that everything is supposed to be like it is in there favorite magazine. I think the best thing I can do when I Open Carry is to dress nice and smell nice. Professional people send a good signal. I don't have expensive clothes but I do have fairly decent cloths and thats what I think helps. But like the last person who posted said. People who dress urban or redneck can be very kind and respectful too. Cheers

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

It's funny how people always make fun of people that wear baggy jeans and such and call them wannabe gangstas blah blah, when actually I find baggy jeans quite comfortable.

Gogo's seen me at the range wearing them OC-ing and hasn't kicked my ass yet so maybe they are acceptable these days.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Poosharker wrote:
It's funny how people always make fun of people that wear baggy jeans and such and call them wannabe gangstas blah blah, when actually I find baggy jeans quite comfortable.

Gogo's seen me at the range wearing them OC-ing and hasn't kicked my ass yet so maybe they are acceptable these days.

I don't mind baggy jeans in the least. It's the saggin' that bothers me. I mean, come on! We don't want to see your hash marks! (Not you, Poosharker; just in general)

Son_of_Perdition

imported post

The only problem I see is if one of the guys beats his wife. What people look like, what kind of clothing someone has on. The demographic of society they are from has nothing to do with if they exercise the first amendment. Let alone the second.

Only a racist, bigot would have a problem with someone that looks different from the other sheep.

amzbrady

imported post

Son_of_Perdition wrote:
The only problem I see is if one of the guys beats his wife. What people look like, what kind of clothing someone has on. The demographic of society they are from has nothing to do with if they exercise the first amendment. Let alone the second.

Only a racist, bigot would have a problem with someone that looks different from the other sheep.
Rednecks arent the only ones that beat their wives.

Sparky508

imported post

attachment.php

Now lets hold on a minute. Lets not judge what we dont know for sure here. Maybe this guy ishelping his wife up off of the floor she may have fallen.

Quite possible also that he is lowering his belt, In a fine Indiana Jones fashion, to give assistance to the baby, who that poor woman probably tripped over.

I'm just sayin...............:?

Bersa.380

imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
after reading the old thread of the gangsta ocing, which style gives open carry a worse image?

guy 1)

Tyrone the Gangsta. he sports the doo rag, bandanna, baggy jeans that hang down to his knees, the long t shirt with gang logos on it, while doing the ghetto walk and talking with ebonics like a typical gangsta.

guy 2)

Bubba Trailer Trash. he sports the mullet, reeks of brute aftershave, wears jorts with holes in them, has bad razor burn on his neck, wears wife beaters (and actually probably beats his wife), and has a vocabulary of trailer park curse words.

Question : Do you wear your hair in a mullet ?

amzbrady

imported post

OR.. she might have fell, and gashed her leg and he being quick to respond, tore her shirt off for a compress and is using the belt for a turniquet. The baby is crawling over out of concern for its mother and to comfort her.

amzbrady

imported post

Bersa.380 wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:

guy 1)

guy 2)

Question : Do you wear your hair in a mullet ?

Found Tony... He cant answer you right now, he's on the.....

phone.