• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Judge orders release of 9 Hutaree militia members, FreeP.com - FreePress.com

buster81

imported post

Pagan wrote:
A plot to kill LEO's, could very easily be concocted by agovernment informant, without ANY backing or planing by the militia members. Here is how I know.

A few years ago there was a white supremecist org. called The World Church of the Creator. The leader of that group is a guy named Matt Hale. He is currently serving a 35 year prison sentence for plotting to murder a supreme court judge.

Matt Hale's "body guard" an undercover informant that had infilltrated the group, calls up Matt Hale on the phone one day, and says that the supreme court judge that had ruled against his org. about the rights to use the name "The World Church of The Creator" needed to be assassinated. Matt Hale replied "I want nothing to do with this", and hangs up the phone.

I believe the next day he was arrested for plotting to kill the judge, because he did not explicitly say "NO DON'T DO THAT" or something like that. Point is, he was charged and convicted not because he endorsed or plotted, but because he did not say to his follower's, "don't do that orI will call the police".

He was convicted not for plotting, or endorsing the actions, but for not going out of his way apparently to say, "don't do that".

It would bevery easy to see these militia guys sitting around a fire one night drinking a few beers, and some agent, just drop a few crazy ideas into the conversation, and another member, expanding on the possibility, but not endorsing or plotting, and the agent who gets paid to help get people busted recording the conversation, and ALL of it being taken out of context, and used against the militia members. It does happen, and actions speak far louder than words.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/03/01/national/01judge.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1109818886-sbR2Qy0kSe5cnCOoigiOow

It would be nice to hear the tape. The news portrays this a little differently.

Prosecutors in the conspiracy case say Mr. Hale was taped in a conversation with an undercover F.B.I. agent in which Mr. Hale asked about Judge Lefkow's address and was told: "I'm working on it. When we get it, we can exterminate the rat."

"Good," Mr. Hale is quoted as saying on the tape. "Whatever you want to do, basically."

Pagan

imported post

If that is true then, perhaps my point is off, I was only slightly interested in the case, when it was going on, I wonder if I could get the trial transcripts or something like that.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Not so fast.

Court blocks release of jailed militia members

DETROIT – A federal appeals court on Thursday intervened to block the release of nine members of a Michigan militia accused of plotting to overthrow the government
Doesn't part of the statute involving conspiracy include the ability to actually carry it out?

If I conspire to become Puff the Magic Dragon.... It's not conspiracy because I can't actually do that. Nor can a handful of guys overthrow the government that has overthrown it's own law.....

So, wouldn't they be 'plotting' to restore government? In the eyes of what we have in place of legitimate government, I guess that would be pretty bad. Wouldn't want a Legitimate Constitutional Government to 'overthrow' the tyrants and filthy bastards we have instead....

okboomer

imported post

Hmmm, would I then be guilty of plotting to overthrow the government if I advocated firing all the current government and calling the Continental Congress to elect/enact a new government? Sort of like hitting the 'reset' button.

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

okboomer wrote:
Hmmm, would I then be guilty of plotting to overthrow the government if I advocated firing all the current government and calling the Continental Congress to elect/enact a new government? Sort of like hitting the 'reset' button.
Are you a member of the NRA? Might be a domestic terrorist?

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

eye95 wrote:

I'm sorry, but you seem to carry your belief that the system is broken way too far.

I've been to the Hutari web site--right after the arrests, before anything could be scrubbed. These guys are WACKOS. I don't doubt for a nanosecond that, as reported, these guys were plotting to kill cops. I am glad they are off the streets. I hope they are locked up forever.

Not for what they were thinking, but for what they were plotting to do.

Anyway, I have made my point. Feel free to keep at it. I won't be joining in.
Oh yes you will be joining in... on the side of Tyranny... I guess when the SHTF.. I'll be looking across the field of battle and see you and the other judgmental tyrants who want to jail anyone and everyone they deem to be "Wackos"... bet you think the Branch Davidians deserved to be murdered by the Feds... and that Randy Weaver's wife and son also deserved to be murdered in cold blood... you sir are total scum.

zack991

imported post

Only thing this case will do is increase the hate and fear of the government. The government is well known to fudge-the "evidence"(I use this word Lightly) in the WACO and RUBY RIDGE mass murder.

"All the people constitute the militia - according to the Founding Fathers. Therefore every able-bodied man has a duty under the Constitution to become part of the 'well-regulated' militia, specifically to understand and perform well with the individual weapon currently issued to the regular establishment .... Thus one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen." Jeff Cooper

"Already a couple of the faithful have sent in checks for a foundation memorial to the innocents who perished at the hands of the ninja at Waco ... I have been criticized by referring to our federal masked men as 'ninja' ... Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view." -Jeff Cooper