• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perfect example of where a firearm would have come in to use

Aaron1124

imported post

I'm sure many of you have seen this video. To me, this is a perfect example of where a firearm could have been put to use for personal protection. There are countless videos I've seen where the confrontation could have gone in favor of the victim had he been armed. What really makes me ill is that every stood aside and simply watched this horrific beat down by a man who had to have stood 6'3" and weighed 330+ lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMIuG3HvV0Y

GoldCoaster

imported post

ugh, just disgusting, if someone had drawn and managed to have one bullet go through both of the perps I don't think many would have shed a tear. Kind of pathetic the rest of the patrons standing around watching that dude get his ass handed to him and not lift a finger. surely a chair across the neck would have dropped him.

CRCowboy

imported post

Open carry - CC not withstanding, 6 Men (?) stood by and did NOTHING, It's a pitiful statement of the world today. Unfortunately, this type of thing is somewhat common and on the lower scale of violence watched by a crowd.

That said -- A glock in Bubba's ear would have saved that poor guy from a NASTY unprovoked beating

Carry on

nobucks

imported post

Wow, that was brutal. :shock:

I don't want to analyze it, because I don't want to criticize the good guy. Way before this even started, everyone in line should have griped at the woman for cutting in line, instead of just the one guy commenting loudly into the cellphone.

I hate it when people cut in line in a busy place. While not the case here, if you're joining your friends, I might let it slide, but even then, if your friends are interested in being with you, they should join you at the end of the line. Otherwise, someone should politely inform you that the end of the line is back there.

The only other thing I'll say is, if you're in an escalating confrontation, stay out of reach of the bad guy.

Joel F.
Marquette, Michigan

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pretty sad that all those "men" just stood there and watched. Even worse was that the female prosecutor and news person never mentioned that no one would help. "Dial A Prayer" didn't save this guy, but it did get the perps arrested. Reminds me of a guy in a sandwich shop in N.Y. a few years back that was jumped by a bunch of gang bangers and they murdered him in the store. All caught on video. No one helped at all. What a sad state of affairs we have today in our country.

nobucks

imported post

rcawdor57 wrote:
Pretty sad that all those "men" just stood there and watched. Even worse was that the female prosecutor and news person never mentioned that no one would help.
Just to be fair to the prosecutor, at about 2:13 the prosecutor mentions how sad it was that seven men just stood around watching and no one would help.

buster81

imported post

Yikes. The most shocking part is at the end. He gets only4 years, and she gets only2years probation. That seems pretty light for both to me.

nobucks

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Oh how I wish I would have been that man in the white shirt, standing by the door..
Yeah, he's a big guy. After the first punch, he would have been the guy to jump in. The victim was completely taken by surprise. It looks like the guy in white was saying stuff to Bubba, but still stood by. Sure, Bubba would have turned on you, but, assuming that the police were on the way, he would have fared much better than the vic.

It all comes down to mindset. He wasn't willing to act and/or didn't know how to act.

Aaron1124

imported post

nobucks wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
Oh how I wish I would have been that man in the white shirt, standing by the door..
Yeah, he's a big guy. After the first punch, he would have been the guy to jump in. The victim was completely taken by surprise. It looks like the guy in white was saying stuff to Bubba, but still stood by. Sure, Bubba would have turned on you, but, assuming that the police were on the way, he would have fared much better than the vic.

It all comes down to mindset. He wasn't willing to act and/or didn't know how to act.
Pretty much. If you're not exposed to that environment, or you haven't trained yourself how to respond to that type of situation, your immediate response is going to probably be either panic or freeze up.

got to have guns

imported post

Iam a ex mma fighter, i have been out of the game a few years, but i would have put the stink on that dude. there are many guys out there that put on a good show,but when it comes down to busting heads they look like those guys. ITS TIME TO MAN UP!!!!!!!!!

CO-Joe

imported post

This only reinforces my extreme dislike of crowded places.... But yeah, I would have put the hurt on him, if I were one of the bystanders.

Aaron1124

imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
If just the clerk would have been carrying then this would've never happened.
Yep. Would have solved a lot of problems. However, even if one of the customers had been carrying, I doubt Big Bubba would have even noticed, considering his level of rage and how packed the place was.

thnycav

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Thos.Jefferson wrote:
If just the clerk would have been carrying then this would've never happened.
Yep. Would have solved a lot of problems. However, even if one of the customers had been carrying, I doubt Big Bubba would have even noticed, considering his level of rage and how packed the place was.
I agree I do not think he would have even noticed or cared if someone was carrying. Another thing to think about that was a very tight and crowded place you really could not get a clean shot off. Now a taser would have been nice to have. Pepper spay would not have worked as well too crowded.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

collapsible batons are also good options for disabling people with less lethal force, when you don't think a firearm is justified.

that being said, if you're using a baton as non-lethal you don't do head strikes, as though would be considered lethal blows.

TyGuy

imported post

Would drawing be warranted in this situation? At what point does his life become endangered enough to draw?