• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Open carry good experience.

phoneguy

imported post

Today in Everett did some chores that included a trip to pay my electric bill at the PUD. Last time I was there a lady at the counter was upset that I had my holstered side arm with me.
She told me to ask security if I can do this. I just paid my bill and said thank you and left.
Today I had a voice recorder ready and went to the customer counter and in my side vision and can see the security guard looking at me. I said to myself "hear we go" So the security guard waves at me and says hey some one from OCDO with a big smile and I found out it was our jbone. It was good to see him and we chatted with each other about guns and this forum.
Shock hands and left on to Money Tree to cash a check and the teller asked about my gun and told him what it was. He cashed my check and talked about his new pistol and gun in general. Then off to T Mobile and was treated like a good customer should and ate at my favorite teriyaki place.
Then went home. That is one of the hundred times I OCed in Everett Wa.

jbone

imported post

Phone Guy, was good to see you! You are the first OC I've seen in the Building since I started working there.I take that back, I saw and briefly spoke with Gray once, forget if he was OC?

At first I was going to mess with you for fun, give you the uniformed guard standard stupidlystatements "Hey you with the Gun" “this is public property you can’t have a gun here” do you have a license for that thing” :X, but, figured it may scare the hell out of the employees and customers, and get me fired!:shock:

Anyway great to see yah!

amzbrady

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Right on! Jbone is a good guy.

We need to invent a secret handshake........then they'll think we are a secret societ......:shock::lol:
Why not, we have a club hat made of tinfoil, maybe we need a secret decoder ring too. :p

amzbrady

imported post

jbone wrote:
Phone Guy, was good to see you! You are the first OC I've seen in the Building since I started working there.I take that back, I saw and briefly spoke with Gray once, forget if he was OC?

At first I was going to mess with you for fun, give you the uniformed guard standard stupidlystatements "Hey you with the Gun" “this is public property you can’t have a gun here” do you have a license for that thing” :X, but, figured it may scare the hell out of the employees and customers, and get me fired!:shock:

Anyway great to see yah!
Jbone, got a questionsss for ya, who do you work for, and are you armed? I've been putting in some apps around the area. I used to work for Securitas. Just wondering...

jbone

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Jbone, got a questionsss for ya, who do you work for, and are you armed? I've been putting in some apps around the area. I used to work for Securitas. Just wondering...
Whatcom Security Agency, unarmed card holder.

amzbrady

imported post

jbone wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
Whatcom Security Agency, unarmed card holder.
Do you just stand in one spot all day? (except for breaks)

amzbrady

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:

We need to invent a secret handshake........then they'll think we are a secret societ......:shock::lol:

Or just carry a challenge coin like "Ed" made up here in Virginia (obviously it would be tailored to Wa.).

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/42901.html
ya but you know we could come up with one that is way cooler. Have a metal one stamped in metal. Now that would be Franklin Mint cool.

Tomas

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
DocDaddy wrote:

Or just carry a challenge coin like "Ed" made up here in Virginia (obviously it would be tailored to Wa.).

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/42901.html
ya but you know we could come up with one that is way cooler. Have a metal one stamped in metal. Now that would be Franklin Mint cool.
One place to check would be http://www.nwtmint.com/ in Auburn, WA. A challenge coin would be nice. It could keep my combat photo coin company. :)

Aryk45XD

imported post

The coin's a great idea. I currently carry my Operation Iraqi Freedom War on Terrorism veteran coin. It would be nice to add another to my collection of.... About 8 operation and journey coins.