• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who is going to open carry while voting?

Glock27Bill

imported post

roscoe13 wrote:
I'm also stuck voting in a school. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Same here.

During the last Presidential primaries, they had a Democrat booth and a Republican booth. You had to state which one you wanted.

When I stated "Republican," people in line actually laughed.

So I'd LOVE to OC when I vote, just to see the droppings on the floor left by my fellow residents.

rebfan

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Same here.

During the last Presidential primaries, they had a Democrat booth and a Republican booth. You had to state which one you wanted.

So I'd LOVE to OC when I vote, just to see the droppings on the floor left by my fellow residents
For me Voting=school. I'm giving up one right to engage in another right. It does not make sense to me.

kennys

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Same here.

So I'd LOVE to OC when I vote, just to see the droppings on the floor left by my fellow residents.
Didn't know they could do that. Not that I care that people know I vote R, but for some it could be an intimidating factor.

totes6

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Same here.

I wonder what they would say if I said I was a Federalist or a Constitutionalists or a member of the Lemonade Party or my personal favorite the Democratic-Republican Party. Do you think they would set up another booth just for me? I don't think it is fair that a democrat or a republican get their own booth and my party doesn't. I wonder how many :what: and :banghead: I would get at the polling booths?

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

totes6 wrote:
Glock27Bill wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Same here.

I wonder what they would say if I said I was a Federalist or a Constitutionalists or a member of the Lemonade Party or my personal favorite the Democratic-Republican Party. Do you think they would set up another booth just for me? I don't think it is fair that a democrat or a republican get their own booth and my party doesn't. I wonder how many :what: and :banghead: I would get at the polling booths?
Do those parties even HAVE primaries????

totes6

imported post

@Roscoe

No those parties do not have primaries. The Federalist and the Democrat-Republican parties were both parties from the founding years of the States. The Lemonade party as far as I know is a made up party from a fictional book called called "The kid who ran for President." I was just posing a hypothetical question of what would happen if I responded to being asked if I was Democrat or Republican with some completely off the wall response.

But back on topic, I also vote in a school so carrying while I vote is a no go for me too. I think we need to push to move our polling places to somewhere else so we can carry. :lol:

wylde007

imported post

totes6 wrote:
I think we need to push to move our polling places to somewhere else so we can carry. :lol:
Isn't there a similar push to have restrictions lifted for courthouses when used for purposes other than criminal court?

Wouldn't something along those lines work in an instance like this, but rather for schools?

As I also am required to sacrifice one right to exercise another. My polling place is a school, too.

TFred

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
roscoe13 wrote:
Same here.

When I voted in the primary two summers ago, the person in line in front of me stated that they wanted a Democratic ballot and the POLL OFFICIAL made some remark along the lines of "oh good, another one". I was not carrying my voice recorder, and it may have not even picked it up if I had, but I was nearly floored.

So much for impartial polling officials.

TFred

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

wylde007 wrote:
totes6 wrote:
I think we need to push to move our polling places to somewhere else so we can carry. :lol:
Isn't there a similar push to have restrictions lifted for courthouses when used for purposes other than criminal court?

Wouldn't something along those lines work in an instance like this, but rather for schools?

As I also am required to sacrifice one right to exercise another. My polling place is a school, too.
Mine's in an elementary school - so I wear an empty holster and mag cases.
Its the best I can do. :?

Oh, and a VCDL hat. :)

Yata hey

Tweaker

imported post

I do that most evera time. Never had an issue.

I really want to camp out outside wearing a black panther costume. Headpiece, black tail, the whole enchilada. I hear that it is legal now. I even get to harass and intimidate voters.

I promise not to carry if I can find a costume, just to make some of you bedwetters sleep dry through the night. I keed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Tweaker wrote:

I really want to camp out outside wearing a black panther costume. Headpiece, black tail, the whole enchilada. I hear that it is legal now. I even get to harass and intimidate voters.

I promise not to carry if I can find a costume, just to make some of you bedwetters sleep dry through the night. I keed.
Not sure of your point - even kidding.

Reference to voter harassment or intimidation, in jest or not, is not something to be stated lightly. Particularly in light of so many vote manipulation claims in past elections.

That and wearing such would likely put you in violation of[font="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif"]

VIRGINIA
Section 18.2-422:
Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
[/font]

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/mcs/maskcodes.html#VIRGINIA

Yata hey

Tweaker

imported post

Damn, I am white so it will even get enforced, too!

So much for that plan.

Carpetbagger

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Tweaker wrote:

Reference to voter harassment or intimidation, in jest or not, is not something to be stated lightly. Particularly in light of so many vote manipulation claims in past elections.

That and wearing such would likely put you in violation of[font="Arial, Verdana, sans-serif"]

VIRGINIA
Section 18.2-422:
Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.
[/font]

Yata hey
He is referring to this.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Carpetbagger wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Tweaker wrote:

VIRGINIA
Section 18.2-422:
[/font]

Yata hey
He is referring to this.
Ok - makes sense now.

Yata hey