• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AUSTRALIAN WOMEN AND CHILDREN LEFT DEFENCELESS.

Haz.

imported post

National

http://www.news.com.au/national/woman-and-four-year-old-daughter-abducted-near-sydney-train-station/story-e6frfkvr-1225861845648

Woman and four-year-old daughter 'abducted near Sydney train station'

• May 04, 2010 7:57AM
[/list]

• Mother, daughter "abducted near station"
  • Police search for six hours
  • 26-year-old former de facto charged
A four-year-old Sydney girl is sleeping off a traumatic night where she was allegedly dragged into a car and witnessed an attack on her mother, police say.

Police were alerted to the assault of a 31-year-old woman in Heston Lane at Rockdale, in Sydney's south at about 6.30pm (AEST) yesterday.

The woman was allegedly assaulted by her 26-year-old former de facto before she was dragged along with her daughter into a car.

"Shortly before 1am (AEST) this morning police arrested a 26-year-old male and he's been charged with two counts of assault and breaching an apprehended violence order." Superintendent Helen Begg said.

"We also located a motor vehicle, but we did not find the mother and her daughter.

"Police at that time held grave fears for their safety."

A desperate search began for the pair, lasting for more than six hours until police were contacted by a friend of the missing mother. Mother and daughter were found safe and well just after 7am at a house at Rockdale.

Supt Begg said neither mother nor daughter had sustained significant injuries.

"As you can appreciate, the mother is very exhausted, and her daughter, and we will be interviewing her later," she said.

Investigations into the matter are continuing, while the man has been refused bail and is due to face Kogarah
Local Court today.

He and the mother recently ended their relationship and an apprehended violence order was still in place between the pair, Supt Begg said.

The Department of Community Services has been alerted to the situation, which Supt Begg described as
"concerning".

Asked about the young girl's condition, Supt Begg said she is getting some much-needed rest.

Old Grump

imported post

Haz. wrote:
National

http://www.news.com.au/national/woman-and-four-year-old-daughter-abducted-near-sydney-train-station/story-e6frfkvr-1225861845648

A four-year-old Sydney girl is sleeping off a traumatic night where she was allegedly dragged into a car and witnessed an attack on her mother, police say.

The woman was allegedly assaulted by her 26-year-old former de facto before she was dragged along with her daughter into a car.
Good thing she wasn't able to legally carry a firearm. She might have saved herself and her daughter from a terrifying ordeal but she would have had to abuse the civil rights of the alleged attacker. Love that word 'alleged', sure I do, what a bunch of legal crock.

Haz.

imported post

Old Grump wrote:
Haz. wrote:
National

Good thing she wasn't able to legally carry a firearm. She might have saved herself and her daughter from a terrifying ordeal but she would have had to abuse the civil rights of the alleged attacker. Love that word 'alleged', sure I do, what a bunch of legal crock.

Hi Grump.

Maybe we should say' "The alledged civil rights of the alleged attacker, Lol.

Haz.

Haz.

imported post

Woman and four-year-old daughter 'abducted near Sydney train station' in the above news story was assaulted by her 26-year-old former de facto before she was dragged along with her daughter into a car.

If law abiding people in this country were allowed to arm themselves for self defence,this woman and child would not have gone through the terrible assult. Who would attack a woman under the situation pictured below, especially if one was a cowardly woman basher?