• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PBS - How do gun owners really feel about gun control?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/need-to-know

As a gun owner and gun right's advocate, I was contacted by a new PBS
web/TV news magazine about doing a story. I agreed. It started off with an OpenCarry Litter pick-up on Route 7 under the Adopt-a-Highway program, followed by lunch at a Restaurant in Reston and then to a local shooting range with a NY Camera crew that have never fired a gun before. (They left with GUNS Save Lives Magnets, VCDL Magnets and GUNS Save Lives Safety Vests!) I even wore my VCDL T-shirt to the range. :)

The next day the crew was at my house bright and early to watch my family
at breakfast. They interviewed my 12 year old daughter Brooke and then a 1
hour interview with me in my living room. Later that day they followed me to
get my haircut (one customer did not like my Open Carrying) and continued
to follow me to the store to pick up some more Tactical pants and getting
fuel for my car.

Finally, they followed me while unarmed at the Second Amendment March in
DC.

I will be on the new shows premiere on Friday, May 7th on PBS (check your
local listings for time and channel) I am told the piece will be 12-14
minutes and what they don't show will be available on the web.

Thanks!

Ed Levine

ed

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
You'll have to post a link in case we miss it...

I hope they don't butcher it too bad. Did you get any sense of how it will be edited?

Ha. no I did not. I know they are from PBS and from NY. So I answered as carefully as I could.

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ed wrote:
REMINDER: The show is tonight! (Friday). Check your local provider for time and channel on PBS. The show is called NEED TO KNOW.
Are they going to send you a copy of the program for your records? I did a commercial in Texas back in the early 2000's, and the station actually gave me a copy...

ed

imported post

joeamt wrote:
ed wrote:
REMINDER: The show is tonight! (Friday). Check your local provider for time and channel on PBS. The show is called NEED TO KNOW.
Are they going to send you a copy of the program for your records? I did a commercial in Texas back in the early 2000's, and the station actually gave me a copy...
I will record it myself.. I won't need them to send me a copy. Plsu, they said the entire interview (not the cut down version) might be online after the show.

nova

imported post

From the preview it seems like they're implying that gun owners support gun control.

No...we don't. We support criminal control. :banghead:

wylde007

imported post

nova wrote:
No...we don't. We support criminal control. :banghead:
I support government control. That is, government UNDER CONTROL.

Presently they are out of control on nearly all fronts and must be reined in or we are all doomed to suffer fates far worse that Greece or Iceland.

Yes, that may sound a bit OT, but our fundamental rights are being trampled by these buffoons, and when even those are not safe, nothing is.

VApatriot

imported post

I would really like to see the exact questions that that guy asked in his polls. If he only asked questions like "Should felons and crazy people be allowed to buy guns?" then of course it will look like a majority ofgun owners favor "common sense gun laws."

ufcfanvt

imported post

I can't wait. I'll have to watch it LATE tonight. I doubt I'll make it on the show though. I doubt I acted crazy enough for their taste :p

wylde007

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
"Should felons and crazy people be allowed to buy guns?"
There's a fine line between "crazy" and "genius".

It's called "success".

Had our founders not been successful in their bid for independence they would likely have been labeled "insane" by the British government and that's the "truth" we would be taught in Virginia today, under the watchful eye of Lord Cornwallis XI.

You could bet that we certainly wouldn't be open carrying, that's for sure.

Marco

imported post

For those of us in PWC that have (comcast) it airs @ 9pm on WETA channel 26.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

"Need To Know" is scheduled at:

in Richmond at 8:30 - 9:30 PM on WCVE-HD, channel 23.1 and 9 - 10 PM on WCVE, channel 23. NOT on WCVW channel 23

in Washington DC at 9 - 10 PM on WETA channel 26

in Charlottesville at 9 - 10 PM on WHTJ channel 41, 41.1, & 41.2

in Harrisonburg at 8:30 - 9:30 PM on WVPT channel 11 & 21.1

in Roanoke at 6:30 - 9:30 PM on Blue Ridge PBS channel 15, 15.1 & 15.2

in Front Royal at 8:30 - 9:30 PM on WVPY channel 42

stay safe.

skidmark