• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PBS - How do gun owners really feel about gun control?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

joeamt wrote:
Spoiler ALERT!

Here is a clip of the gun rights part of the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ExKZOcKek

"...execute that right" when speaking about how folks go about keeping and bearing arms is a very choice play on words. I'm betting that 99.9999% of Americans do not use that phrasing, which has a very European flair to it - as in a non-native English speaker searching for the best word to express "carry out" or "live that lifestyle". however, as a native English speaker the word has a much different, harsh and legal connotation.

stay safe.

skidmark

nova

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
I would really like to see the exact questions that that guy asked in his polls. If he only asked questions like "Should felons and crazy people be allowed to buy guns?" then of course it will look like a majority ofgun owners favor "common sense gun laws."
I think felons and crazy people shouldn't be allowed in public.

And stop making everything felonies. They should be reserved for extreme violent crimes against others. Not carrying a gun onto unmarked property that the government thinks is a magical area that no crimes occur (schools, etc.).

Superlite27

imported post

Wow. Just watched "Need to Know".

All I can say is great job Ed!

Anything else I might say will be filled with expletives and things not appropriate for human ears.

SLANT SLANT SLANT!

Did anyone notice the bogus and debunked information from the Kellerman study get spread as if it were gospel AGAIN?

How many times can Kellerman's methods get destroyed for being slanted and predetermined (He included suicides as a firearm used against the homeowner for Pete's sake! And that is just one instance out of many!)

Yet PBS states "studies have shown a firearm in the home is more likely to injure one of its residents" or some such.

$%#^& ING ^*&^#%(&^&(ER &*^#*&)#*&)#ERS! Stupid &*#(*&)#ING &^*)#(*ERS! DAMN MY EYES!

Still spreading LIES!

Then they go and give Bloomberg three hours of air time at the end of his segment to spew his insanity. Yeah. This is an objective piece.

Even the tone of the entire segment seemed to lament the trend towards more freedom.

........."And people in Georgia can now carry firearms into airports."

Well holy hand grenades. The world is just going off the deep end, huh?

Ed came off as a well grounded voice of reason. Too bad PBS gave more camera time to the ignorant pleb in the hair salon that didn't even know that a 1911 is SAFER with the safety on.

"Look! It's even cocked!"

Moron.

Well, I guess I have to calm down. After all it is PBS. You think I'd learn not to expect anything involving firearms to get any fair coverage there. Yet, time after time, my hopes are dashed on the rocks. You think I'd learn.

Bloomberg for Pete's sake! One on one. In the studio. Yeah. If that doesn't SCREAM what slant PBS takes on firearms freedom.

"I was a cub scout as a kid. I got a marksmanship badge."

PUKE! ..........^&^#()ING.....BARF!.......gawd.

Next time on PBS: More Ed and family....less all other morons.

......Although it was classic when the reporter asked Larry Pratt about 9/11!

Reporter: "So you're advocating a gunfight at 30,000 feet would have been an improvement on the situation?"

Larry Pratt: "It would have been an improvement onflying into an office building."

Reporter: (pause).....Hmmmmmm (clueless stare)

PoWn3D!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nova wrote:
I think felons and crazy people shouldn't be allowed in public.

And stop making everything felonies. They should be reserved for extreme violent crimes against others. Not carrying a gun onto unmarked property that the government thinks is a magical area that no crimes occur (schools, etc.).
+1

nova

imported post

Yup, Bloomberg believes that states should control their own policies, that's why he's sending goons down to VA while trying to have federal laws passed.

Ed, I loved the "are you serious?" look on your face when the guy was commenting on your 1911's cocked and locked status.

I think you represented "us" gun owners/carriers well.

Was that you shooting the XD in the video? I thought you hated pistols that could melt if you left them in the sun too long :p

*just messing....I've been known to like XDs, Glocks, and other polymer framed guns myself.

TFred

imported post

Bloomberg is a pinhead. He sat there and lied flat out. He said that there was no difference between FFL dealers at gun shows and private sellers, that both had tables set up and sold hundreds of guns, but that only one was required to do background checks.

And yes the lack of correction on the "cocked and locked" thing was very disturbing. The show started out saying they want to get to the bottom of the issue, push past all the rhetoric, yet they put that misinformation out and did not correct or clarify it, even though it was clearly designed to shock the viewer, and paint Ed and other OCers in a reckless light.

Liars all.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

TFred wrote:
Bloomberg is a pinhead. He sat there and lied flat out. He said that there was no difference between FFL dealers at gun shows and private sellers, that both had tables set up and sold hundreds of guns, but that only one was required to do background checks.

And yes the lack of correction on the "cocked and locked" thing was very disturbing. The show started out saying they want to get to the bottom of the issue, push past all the rhetoric, yet they put that misinformation out and did not correct or clarify it, even though it was clearly designed to shock the viewer, and paint Ed and other OCers in a reckless light.

Liars all.

TFred
I'd been shocked if they'd have done anything else.
Still, Ed did fine !

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

peter nap wrote:
TFred wrote:
Liars all.

TFred
I'd been shocked if they'd have done anything else.
Still, Ed did fine !
Ditto. We all waited with baited breath for this show to give us the objectivity they claimed was their agenda. RIIIIIGHT! It is true that some portions of the MSM have been dragged kicking and screaming into the daylight by our persistent efforts over the years. We've worn the bastards down... but that doesn't mean all the bastards. PBS is a tough nut to crack. The best approach would be to de-fund their wonderful, "unbiased" network and let them go broadcast from an old freighter anchored just off the 12 mile limit. AirAmerica might help them.....

:cuss:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

It takes more than one blow from a carpenter's hammer to drive a nail into a piece of hardwood. If we keep on hammering, we'll seal there lid. :)

I don't mind Bloomie ranting and spewing his garbage because more and more people can see and are seeing him for what he is - a wealthy, pompous fool of a governor in one of the most crime ridden states in the country. Operative word here being "fool."

Good show Ed, good show.

BTW - does anybody know the present, accurate count of the participating Mayors Against Illegal Handguns? I've heard that their numbers have declined considerably below the claimed and outdated 500 quoted on the show.

Yata hey

2a4all

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
It takes more than one blow from a carpenter's hammer to drive a nail into a piece of hardwood. If we keep on hammering, we'll seal there lid. :)

I don't mind Bloomie ranting and spewing his garbage because more and more people can see and are seeing him for what he is - a wealthy, pompous fool of a governor in one of the most crime ridden states in the country. Operative word here being "fool."

Good show Ed, good show.

BTW - does anybody know the present, accurate count of the participating Mayors Against Illegal Handguns? I've heard that their numbers have declined considerably below the claimed and outdated 500 quoted on the show.

Yata hey
Agreed, Grape. Perserverence is the key.

BTW, Bloomberg is "a wealthy, pompous fool of a mayor of one of the most crime ridden cities..."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

2a4all wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Good show Ed, good show.

Yata hey
Agreed, Grape. Perserverence is the key.

BTW, Bloomberg is "a wealthy, pompous fool of a mayor of one of the most crime ridden cities..."
A snit, another unwarranted promotion. Must be tired, running out of caffeine.

Appreciate the correction - back to my chair in the corner.

Yata hey