• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Socal

socallb

imported post

Is anyone interested in a meetup for an open carry event in the southern california area in the vicinity of either Long Beach, Seal Beach, or Huntington Beach?

Paul

ryanburbridge

imported post

I love long beach. I have started to UOC every day in and around Long Beach. I was at the mall in ceritos at the town center and even Ikea. After I heard about the stabing at a target in SoCal I know I will not stop. Post a good meet up time and place and I will be there. Call me if you want to just go with a small group. Ryan Burbridge (562) 2432622 I work next to turners in signal hill. Hit me up if your in the area to say hi.

demnogis

imported post

Just remember that at PCH and Beach Blvd is the divider between the City beach and State beach (park).

By state law firearms are prohibited in state parks. Stay north and you are in city territory and A-OK.

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

i Live and open carry in Long Beach. Just moved back from Huntington Beach. Never had a problem in LB or HB. I have spoken to HBPD personally about the issue and the general tone in HBPD is favorable from what i have been told. I have began asking and teaching local managers of stores about open carrying. I can pretty much open carry without incident, into any store within walking distance of my house. I often go to Stater bros to purchase produce and things. I feel much safer with my 1911.

God forbid, it need to come out. There are a few shady characters in parts of LB. I should not have to feel like a prisoner at home just because the police are overwhelmed. I think open carry is great for this city, it ups the caution and respect people have toward one another. Takes a burden off the police force when there is less crime being reported. There are way more decent people here in LB than bad guys.

:cool:Joe Cool

PincheOgro1

imported post

I'm in, if it's on one of my scheduled days off. Might not carry though. I had to turn my pistol in for repair. Cheap reloads (we think were the cause) broke my extractor.